Home » News » Politics » State Government
Bill allowing medical professionals to report unfit drivers heads to governor
The report of safety officials would have to be based on an evaluation, not just an observation.
Opponents have said the bill would violate patient-physician confidentiality and greatly expands those who would have immunity.
Originally, the bill would have established a committee to study reinstating mandatory driving tests for license renewals after 75, but the proposal was opposed by groups representing the elderly, who said it was discriminatory.
Sad said Bette Champney's husband was one of two motorcyclists killed in Westmoreland during an Aug. 25, 2012, memorial run for fallen soldier Army Spc. Justin Rollins of Newport.
The bill is supported by the American Association of Retired Persons and the New Hampshire Medical Society.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Thomas Sowell: The 'experts' look down on you - 1
- Kathy Sullivan: We need to rethink some of our county government positions - 12
- David Harsanyi: The two-state solution is dead - 2
- Pat Buchanan: A rogue President remakes America - 2
- Another View -- Max Boot: Six steps to a better strategy for defeating ISIS - 1
- Jonah Goldberg: Wait, when did we finish talking about Gruber? - 5
- Charles Krauthammer: The climate pact swindle - 1
- Roger Simon: So why don't the media report better news? - 0
- George Will: Required reading on a Rockefeller - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Rymes Oil employees pull Bradford man from flaming wreck but driver succumbs to injuries - 0
- Franklin man and woman arraigned for attempted prostitution of minor - 0
- Rymes is ready to roll following Fred Fuller purchase - 0
- Police investigating death of 3-year-old girl in Nashua - 7
- Police say hit-and-run driver was observed tossing beer cans from car - 1
- City championship on the line Thanksgiving Day - 1
- Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket - 7
- On being American: A point for reflection - 2
- Rymes takes over for Fuller, deliveries start Wednesday - 2
Manchester school exec contract squeaks by
Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass.
Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket
On being American: A point for reflection