Home » News » Politics » State Government
Bill allowing medical professionals to report unfit drivers heads to governor
The report of safety officials would have to be based on an evaluation, not just an observation.
Opponents have said the bill would violate patient-physician confidentiality and greatly expands those who would have immunity.
Originally, the bill would have established a committee to study reinstating mandatory driving tests for license renewals after 75, but the proposal was opposed by groups representing the elderly, who said it was discriminatory.
Sad said Bette Champney's husband was one of two motorcyclists killed in Westmoreland during an Aug. 25, 2012, memorial run for fallen soldier Army Spc. Justin Rollins of Newport.
The bill is supported by the American Association of Retired Persons and the New Hampshire Medical Society.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- 10 legislators to watch in this coming session - 0
- State Employees Association declares impasse in bargaining - 20
- House Rules Committee rejects majority leader vote, OKs letting lawmakers carry guns - 0
- Majority leader sees GOP rift healing after Jan. 7 - 11
- Official House GOP caucus begins setting goals - 0
- Rival NH Republican caucus seeks own voice - 30
- Jasper censure cites 'breach of trust' - 0
- Starting Jan. 1, NH elderly and disabled have more protection - 0
- GOP committee: Censure Speaker for Dems' help in winning post - 38
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads