Home » News » Public Safety
White House drafts UNH to help lead initiative to curb sexual assaults on college campuses
"We are seen as leaders in the effort to end violence against women, and the programs that have come out of Prevention Innovations have been proven to make a difference," said Jane Stapleton, co-director of UNH's Prevention Innovations.
"We set up scenarios where there is a potential for a sexual violence situation to occur, and we teach (students) how to safely intervene to distract or disrupt the situation," said Potter. "The Bystander program is really a community focus, giving the message that everyone has a responsibility to help end sexual violence on campus."
"As soon as the post was brought to the administration's attention, Dartmouth acted swiftly to support the student and an investigation was launched," she said. "As a result, the person who issued the post has been identified and will undergo the college disciplinary process."
"We share the White House and the Office of Civil Rights' concerns about sexual violence on campuses, and will continue to ensure that New England College addresses these issues in proactive and meaningful ways," said Vice President for Academic Affairs Mark Watman.
"We welcome these new guidelines and recommendations as additional tools to promote safety for students and others who are part of our campus community," he said.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Talk of 'wings on pigs' threats on police tests U.S. speech rights - 0
- Brentwood police look to increase coverage after officer's death in May - 4
- Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm - 38
- Police investigate report of shots fired - 0
- Manchester blaze that left dozens homeless was accidental - 0
- Milford woman injured in Bedford crash - 0
- Park on any side of the street in Manchester during Christmas week - 0
- NYC mayor wants protests on hold after police deaths - 0
- Mother of two says she's lucky, even though condo destroyed in blaze - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads