Home » News » Public Safety
White House drafts UNH to help lead initiative to curb sexual assaults on college campuses
"We are seen as leaders in the effort to end violence against women, and the programs that have come out of Prevention Innovations have been proven to make a difference," said Jane Stapleton, co-director of UNH's Prevention Innovations.
"We set up scenarios where there is a potential for a sexual violence situation to occur, and we teach (students) how to safely intervene to distract or disrupt the situation," said Potter. "The Bystander program is really a community focus, giving the message that everyone has a responsibility to help end sexual violence on campus."
"As soon as the post was brought to the administration's attention, Dartmouth acted swiftly to support the student and an investigation was launched," she said. "As a result, the person who issued the post has been identified and will undergo the college disciplinary process."
"We share the White House and the Office of Civil Rights' concerns about sexual violence on campuses, and will continue to ensure that New England College addresses these issues in proactive and meaningful ways," said Vice President for Academic Affairs Mark Watman.
"We welcome these new guidelines and recommendations as additional tools to promote safety for students and others who are part of our campus community," he said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Victim identified in fatal Pelham motorcycle accident - 0
- Man killed in Pelham motorcycle accident identified as local man, 24 - 0
- Manchester man seriously injured after driving into oncoming traffic - 0
- Derry police continue to look for missing gun left in courthouse bathroom - 0
- Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner - 2
- Merrimack police find car sticking into road, charge man - 0
- Police say impairment and speed not factors in fatal crash in Conway - 0
- Manchester man sustains life-threatening injuries in Bedford crash - 0
- Barrington man, 41, dies in cycle crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Market Basket deal reached; Arthur T. Demoulas to return - 1
- Police mum on reported shooting in Manchester - 0
- Manchester men charged with drive-by shooting in Nashua - 0
- Multiple reports say deal reached for Arthur T. to buy Market Basket - 0
- Fisher Cats get behind early, fall to Senators - 0
- Sox downed on pinch-hit homer - 0
- Sister of accused Boston marathon bombers arrested after bomb threat - 0
- Authorities mum about reports of shooting in Manchester - 0
- Bruins agree to long-term agreement with Providence - 0
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate