April temps below normal in NH
Brian Gricus of Derry, who rides a motorcycle, said he didn’t let the rainy, windy conditions prevent him from going for rides during the past month.
It wasn’t the best weather for school vacation week, Matt Lazzaro of Derry said.
“It’s hard to be outside — you don’t want to bring the kids out, but you do what you can,” Lazzaro said.
But there is some good news in the form of a warming trend that was beginning to pervade Southern New Hampshire on Thursday, Hanes said. Temperatures had warmed by several degrees from the previous day into the low to mid 50s. The clouds were breaking, with abundant sunshine spreading throughout the area in the afternoon.
“They have us above normal for the three months, which is good news, ” Hanes said.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Reports: No major damage caused by latest mixed precipitation storm - 0
- Storm blasts state with messy mix - 0
- Rainy forecast forces Portsmouth to cancel Christmas parade; tree lighting still on - 0
- NHDOT: Snow, sleet causing no traffic problems on state's highways - 0
- Utilities tallying up the damage - 3
- Elliot Hospital serves dinner to those affected by power outages - 0
- Power outages down to final few - 2
- Lights, heat making slow return - 7
- Day Three in the dark for many in NH - 9
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads