April temps below normal in NH
Brian Gricus of Derry, who rides a motorcycle, said he didn’t let the rainy, windy conditions prevent him from going for rides during the past month.
It wasn’t the best weather for school vacation week, Matt Lazzaro of Derry said.
“It’s hard to be outside — you don’t want to bring the kids out, but you do what you can,” Lazzaro said.
But there is some good news in the form of a warming trend that was beginning to pervade Southern New Hampshire on Thursday, Hanes said. Temperatures had warmed by several degrees from the previous day into the low to mid 50s. The clouds were breaking, with abundant sunshine spreading throughout the area in the afternoon.
“They have us above normal for the three months, which is good news, ” Hanes said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- USGS reports minor earthquake just outside of Concord - 0
- Quake strikes northeast of Tokyo, no reports of serious damage - 0
- Hollis storm damage caused by microburst, not tornado - 0
- 6.0 earthquake strikes California wine country - 0
- Heavy rain saturates NH in a matter of two hours - 1
- Flash flood warning issued for Southern New Hampshire - 0
- Rare tornado touches down in Revere, Mass., no deaths reported - 0
- Severe weather strikes across Granite State - 0
- Restaurant foundation destabilized by high water raises Route 3 Bridge, downtown Colebrook flooding concerns - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UNH Notebook: Ground game is Stony Brook's rock - 0
- The debut of the 'The $30,000 Nutt' - 0
- How stable is this telephone pole? - 0
- Drew Cline: Two weeks before the election, no one is talking about guns - 1
- Fixing Obamacare: Shaheen offers no way out - 2
- Debate rule No. 1: Don't crash - 0
- Obamacare takes center stage at 1st Congressional debate - 2
- NHIAA Field Hockey Roundup: Londonderry edges Central - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Brummett spurs Derryfield - 0
Keene riots a focus of gubernatorial debate
Fall hikers throughout NH put on notice
NH's back-road rest areas fading away
Fixing Obamacare: Shaheen offers no way out
UPDATED: Flood warning issued for southern NH; leaks force visitation to be cancelled at Goffstown women's prison
Jonee Earthquake band shakes Shaskeen