'Spirit of 45' to visit New Hampshire Veterans Home Thursday
The Express, an RV piloted by Auston and Bonnie O'Neill, has already traveled more than 12,000 miles since leaving Virginia in February, visiting museums, heritage groups, veterans homes and state capitols to help raise public awareness of Spirit of '45 Day and the events and activities that are being planned around the country to commemorate next year's 70th Anniversary of the end of World War II.
MANCHESTER — The Manchester VAMC will hold an enrollment open house for health care on Monday, May 5, from 8:30 to 11 a.m. at the VAMC, 718 Smyth Road.
Veterans will receive assistance with enrollment for VA Health Care. A representative from Veterans Benefits Affairs will also be available to help answer any benefit questions.
Bring a DD214 along with a government ID.
For more information, contact contact Stella M. Lareau, public affairs officer, at 624-4366, extension 6779.
CHESTER — The American Legion Auxiliary-Chester Unit 108 will hold an electronic recycling fundraiser from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Saturday, May 3, at the corner of Rt. 102, next to Chester Academy and Chester Fire Department.
For more information, go to chesterlegion108.webs.com, email email@example.com or call 887-5694.
Post 79 events
MANCHESTER — American Legion Post 79 will hold Karaoke with Jen and a 50/50 drawing on Friday, May 2.
Trivia at 7 p.m. with Dr. T. is on Thursday, May 8.
A meat raffle is on Sunday, May 11, at 1 p.m.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- UPDATED: Bail set at $20,000 for Holiday Inn Express robbery suspect - 1
- Deering couple arrested in violent beating, kidnapping of Bennington woman - 2
- Nashua driver rejects plea deal in hit-and-run negligent homicide case - 0
- UPDATED: Distracted by dog, woman downs two utility poles on Manchester’s Varney Street - 1
- UPDATED: Regulators OK 47 percent rate hike for Liberty Utilities customers - 13
- Nashua man facing numerous assault charges in attack on woman - 0
- After flap over 'racist' comment, no call for Lincoln planner to resign from board - 15
- Review of West High intruder case to be behind closed doors - 5
- Another View -- Daniel Barrick: Manchester's schools face some serious challenges - 1
Racism in Lincoln? Looks more like ignorance
Hillary Clinton to join Shaheen fundraiser