'Spirit of 45' to visit New Hampshire Veterans Home Thursday
The Express, an RV piloted by Auston and Bonnie O'Neill, has already traveled more than 12,000 miles since leaving Virginia in February, visiting museums, heritage groups, veterans homes and state capitols to help raise public awareness of Spirit of '45 Day and the events and activities that are being planned around the country to commemorate next year's 70th Anniversary of the end of World War II.
MANCHESTER — The Manchester VAMC will hold an enrollment open house for health care on Monday, May 5, from 8:30 to 11 a.m. at the VAMC, 718 Smyth Road.
Veterans will receive assistance with enrollment for VA Health Care. A representative from Veterans Benefits Affairs will also be available to help answer any benefit questions.
Bring a DD214 along with a government ID.
For more information, contact contact Stella M. Lareau, public affairs officer, at 624-4366, extension 6779.
CHESTER — The American Legion Auxiliary-Chester Unit 108 will hold an electronic recycling fundraiser from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Saturday, May 3, at the corner of Rt. 102, next to Chester Academy and Chester Fire Department.
For more information, go to chesterlegion108.webs.com, email email@example.com or call 887-5694.
Post 79 events
MANCHESTER — American Legion Post 79 will hold Karaoke with Jen and a 50/50 drawing on Friday, May 2.
Trivia at 7 p.m. with Dr. T. is on Thursday, May 8.
A meat raffle is on Sunday, May 11, at 1 p.m.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Officials say old Hudson library hemorrhaging money - 0
- AG sued over documents in former Rockingham County attorney case - 5
- Town tax rate about to get lower - 0
- Derry Councilors vote to change starting time of meetings: earlier time will be tried for a month - 0
- Police want to know what Goffstown stakeholders think - 0
- Few attend Derry’s meet and greet for new administrator - 0
- Two new tanks would sink nearly obsolete reservoir - 1
- Health costs up for Manchester - 20
- More angst within Nashua Historical Society - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Misleading women: Does Kuster think they're bad at math? - 0
- Another View -- Cass R. Sunstein: The hidden tax you pay when you wait - 0
- NHIAA Tournament Roundup: Campbell boys pull upset - 0
- Marchand scores 2, B's win - 0
- Ex-Nashua deputy police chief sues city and outgoing police chief - 0
- Manchester pub crawl leads to arrest of four - 0
- Shaheen, Brown supporters gather at final debate - 1
- Senate candidates sharply divided on Islamic threat, Ebola, Obamacare - 16
- Stocks up on GDP, earnings - 0
Trump fired up over NH mailer
School's out for voters