SolAmor Hospice recognizes volunteers and veterans in Bedford
The hospice, a member of the "We Honor Veterans" program, held a volunteer appreciation day at its Bedford office April 12 to recognize the volunteers providing support to terminally ill patients and their families.
"Our goal is to provide our veterans with the best possible end-of-life care and services, which includes volunteer and vigil support," Stanton said. "We have volunteers from all walks of life, however for those patients who have served our country, there are times when what is needed is the quiet understanding that only another veteran can provide."
Guest speaker Bob Stevens, host of "The Veterans Forum" and a World War II U.S. Navy veteran, has interviewed countless veterans to preserve first-hand recollections of their service.
Stevens shared veterans' stories before opening the floor for a question-and-answer session. He offered interview techniques to volunteers working with hospice patients who may want to add their experiences to the Veterans History Project.
Potential hospice volunteers can reach Rita Stanton at SolAmor Hospice at 606-7944.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two new tanks would sink nearly obsolete reservoir - 0
- Health costs up for Manchester - 20
- More angst within Nashua Historical Society - 0
- Plan to amend Derry property code subject of hearing - 0
- Derry housing complex can apply for CDBG grant - 0
- Derry council discusses ethical considerations - 0
- Manchester mayor asks aldermen to hold abandonded property owners accountable - 0
- Residents given Londonderry playing field priority - 0
- Manchester airport stalls wrecking ball looming over farmhouse - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA: Lancers beat South - 0
- College Football: St. Anselm football loses third straight game - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Tough decisions loom for Legion - 0
- A good first impression - 0
- NHIAA: Exeter keeps Memorial attack at bay - 0
- Windham clinches first with huge win - 0
- NHIAA: Campbell thumps Brady - 0
- NHIAA: Brummett scores 5 for Derryfield - 0
- NHIAA: Souhegan advances in OT - 0
Blackwater verdict stuns NH dad
Making it up: Shameless state Senate attacks
A good first impression
Thieves target cars in Hollis neighborhood