Miss Greater Derry to wear Miss New Hampshire crown
Cooley, the Miss Greater Derry, broke down as her name was announced as the winner of the 68th annual competition before the large crowd that filled the auditorium almost to capacity.Incredibly, Cooley overcame a case of laryngitis to take home the crown. She said the judges seemed to appreciate her overall performance in naming her the winner.
"I think they remembered my performance from the night before and just felt that talent isn't all of it," said Cooley, her voice breaking slightly as she spoke. "It's about representing the state with pride and confidence.Cooley said she used to do musical theater and was encouraged by a former Miss New Hampshire to enter the competition.
She won $14,000 in scholarship funds and will compete in the Miss America competition in September.The first runner-up was Holly Blanchard, Miss Greater Plaistow; second runner-up was Rylee Field, Miss Auburn; third runner-up was Nicole Iacuzio, Miss Monadnock Region; and fourth runner-up was Michelle Mayer, Miss Strafford County.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.