Jul 16, 2014
Jul 10, 2014
Jun 26, 2014
Jun 20, 2014
Massachusetts driver charged after chase, crash on Everett Turnpike
Colin P. Bell of Millis, Mass., was arrested and charged with felony reckless conduct, aggravated DWI and disobeying a police officer, according to state police.
About 12:40 a.m., another driver called police to report that she was following a car with a flat tire that was “all over the road” on the northbound side of the turnpike, according to a news release.
A state trooper located the vehicle just north of Exit 5 but when he activated his cruiser's blue lights, the vehicle accelerated to more than 110 miles per hour, police said. In less than a minute, the vehicle crashed into the center guard rail, just north of the Nashua/Merrimack line.
Bell was not injured in the crash and refused medical treatment, police said. He was taken to the state police barracks and given a Breathalyzer test, which revealed an alcohol-content level of .18 percent, more than twice the legal limit, police said.
He is being held on $10,000 cash bail pending a court appearance on Monday in 9th Circuit Court, Nashua district.
Police said Bell's 2006 Subaru WRX was destroyed in the crash, and a large section of the steel guard rail was damaged.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Most charges dropped against North Haverhill man who threatened officers during standoff - 0
- Man arrested after shots allegedly fired in Mont Vernon - 0
- Rochester gas station robbed; Police: Could be one in string - 0
- DWI License Revocations - 0
- Man faces charges in Rochester and Somersworth - 0
- Manchester chief turns to community to help fight gangs - 17
- City man arrested in shooting incident - 0
- Teen, 19, stabbed in Concord; man charged in Rochester choking - 0
- Grieving Epping mother continues lonely vigil for son - 0
READER COMMENTS: 4
- 37 hikers rescued from Mt. Major in Alton during weekend - 2
- Rochester eyes another Legion baseball crown - 0
- Only a freshman, Kennedy excelled on the track - 0
- Looking Back With Aurore Eaton: The Manchester Opera House makes its stunning debut - 0
- Another View -- John Dumais: Mandatory GMO labeling is all cost, no benefit - 4
- What’s the rush? Executive Council follows Pelosi plan - 2
- On Baseball: Fisher Cats prove point - 0
- Evan Turner, Celtics see upside in new deal - 0
- Thunder take two from Fisher Cats - 0
Market Basket workers urged to 'shut it down'; deposed CEO urges fired workers be given jobs back
Shaheen's record: On insurance, it is dismal
Anti-SUV flop: Americans love utility
Police say boy, 6, found in getaway car
U.S. appeals courts issue conflicting rulings on Obamacare exchange subsidies such as NH's
- Total Votes: 917