Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Dover mom charged with endangering daughters after suspected drug overdose
Moira Byrnes of 716 Lilac Lane, was found the morning of April 12 after police and fire and rescue crews were called to her apartment. Police say she overdosed on various drugs, including heroin. She was taken to the hospital for treatment.
Byrnes' daughters, both under the age of 11, had found their mother semi-conscious and went to a neighbor for help. The investigation revealed Byrnes’ children had been unattended for several hours while she was incapacitated from the drug use, according to a release from police.
Byrnes was arrested May 2 at her residence. The charge of endangering the welfare of a child is a Class A misdemeanor. Police said provisions are in place to ensure the children’s continued safety.
Byrnes was released on $5,000 personal recognizance bail. She is scheduled to be arraigned in 7th Circuit Court, Dover District Division, June 16 at 9 a.m.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Son says shooting of mom during DEA raid was a mistake - 21
- Dalton man sentenced for assaulting inmate - 0
- Hampstead man accused of sex assaults on girl - 0
- Police say man kills daughter, 6 grandchildren in Fla. murder-suicide - 2
- 2 men arrested in Manchester SWAT raid, drug bust - 4
- 2 women sentenced in Home Depot scam - 0
- Man accused of stabbing man in Concord's White Park - 0
- Friends, co-workers mourn loss of Amherst mother and son - 5
- Vermont father, two sons facing charges for Canobie Lake Park scuffle - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Chester deputy fire chief jailed for allegedly violating restraining order - 0
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom - 1
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Answers forthcoming - 0
- NHMS chief Gappens is on board with the Chase changes - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 1
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
- Trashed lunches: Brownies, broccoli and bucks - 7
- Hampstead's Suess ready for Whelen Modified race - 0
- College Football: Big Green kick off season vs. Cent. Connecticut - 0
Supporters eager for Hillary's return to NH
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too
Ayotte pushes bill to combat 'spice'
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917