Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Dover mom charged with endangering daughters after suspected drug overdose
Moira Byrnes of 716 Lilac Lane, was found the morning of April 12 after police and fire and rescue crews were called to her apartment. Police say she overdosed on various drugs, including heroin. She was taken to the hospital for treatment.
Byrnes' daughters, both under the age of 11, had found their mother semi-conscious and went to a neighbor for help. The investigation revealed Byrnes’ children had been unattended for several hours while she was incapacitated from the drug use, according to a release from police.
Byrnes was arrested May 2 at her residence. The charge of endangering the welfare of a child is a Class A misdemeanor. Police said provisions are in place to ensure the children’s continued safety.
Byrnes was released on $5,000 personal recognizance bail. She is scheduled to be arraigned in 7th Circuit Court, Dover District Division, June 16 at 9 a.m.
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Son used AK-47 to kill mother, then himself in Amherst home - 31
- Police arrest two following Portsmouth fight with hammer and knife - 0
- Mass. resident arrested on warrant tied to Pelham donation jar theft - 1
- Manchester SWAT team swoops in on South Mammoth Road home - 0
- Pot plants worth $25,000 seized in Wilmot - 1
- Lawyers for Manchester man challenge competency of suspect in 2001 Auburn murder - 0
- Two-car crash in Salem prompts arrest of both drivers - 0
- Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old - 1
- Former Nashua alderman's witness tampering trial postponed - 0
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Kuster, Shea-Porter split on vote to arm Syrian rebels - 0
- Man arrested in White Park stabbing in Concord - 0
- Motorcyclist in serious condition at Maine hospital following crash on Route 125 in Rochester - 0
- Rochester 10-year-old, grandmother escape fire in home with no smoke detectors - 0
- Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too - 4
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Modified tour is shortened - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Pats wary of veteran playmaker Woodson - 0
- College Football: Expect offense when Richmond, UNH meet - 0
- Young fighters' dreams on display tonight at Fight to Educate - 0
Two arrested, car and cash seized in SWAT raid, drug bust at South Mammoth Road home in Manchester
Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917