Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Alleged Hampton gun runner to plead guilty
Matthew Crisafi, 38, of Hampton signed a plea agreement in U.S. District Court in New Jersey that is expected to settle charges that include selling firearms without a license, smuggling goods from the United States and conspiracy to commit money laundering, according to court records.
Crisafi, who is free on $50,000 bail, has also indicated that he wants to plead guilty in Rockingham County Superior Court to drug charges that stem from the Nov. 7 raid of his Hampton home, according to a court order.
Federal agents and Hampton police arrested Crisafi following a months-long investigation into illegal sales of firearms through a TOR network — software used to provide anonymity online.
The gun was being offered for sale on the underground Web marketplace “Black Market Reloaded,” court records say. Investigators compare the BMR online marketplace, only accessible via specialized software, to a version of eBay or Amazon that sold weapons illegally.
Crisafi, who owns an independent trucking company, arranged to ship the weapons through New Jersey en route to Thailand, according to Landers.
“You are and will be preferred when it comes to price,” Crisafi allegedly wrote. “I want to make your customers happy along with a profit.”
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Gunman hits Circle K convenience store in Durham - 0
- Widow of chiropractor killed this summer says fatal shooting was no accident - 0
- Man claims rights were violated during investigation - 0
- DWI license revocations - 0
- Salem man arrested for alleged bathroom videotaping - 0
- OHRV trail official hopes arrest will deter others - 0
- One arrested in fight near Manchester Super 8 - 0
- Alleged home invasion accomplice says his testimony was coerced - 0
- Brookline man arrested for allegedly lying about accident - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Suicide car bomber kills 3 foreign troops in Afghan capital; Taliban claims responsibility - 0
- City officials to review proposed 'spice' ban - 0
- Manchester's Delana Curtis is left out in the cold - 0
- Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable - 7
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Brady a realist - 0
- Burning rubber: And public dollars - 0
- Obama to announce ramped-up efforts to beat Ebola - 0
- Quake strikes northeast of Tokyo, no reports of serious damage - 0
- Hassan was right: 'Bullying' bill goes too far - 3
DWI license revocations
Mexican man pleads guilty in international conspiracy to traffic hundreds of pounds of cocaine
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Strategery: A war by any other name
Freeh dumb: Favoritism in Vt.?
Seabrook mom pleads not guilty by reason of insanity to attempted murder of her two children
- Total Votes: 917