Plymouth freshman, Francis Wayland Parker Scholar, tries to do her best
“She’s been a high honor roll student since day one,” he said. “She’s very conscientious and fun-loving. Her teachers love her, her peers love her, and when she puts her mind to something, she gets it done.”
Friedman, in her essay about the Bedford-born educator Parker, said her school provides a positive learning experience.
Friedman excels outside the classroom as well. In addition to playing high school soccer, basketball and softball, she’s involved in school music festivals, choir, theater, student senate, and was a member of the student council from third through eighth grade.
On the volunteer level, she’s spent hours participating in food drives and wrapping gifts for victims in areas of the country devastated by natural disasters such as Hurricane Sandy.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pinkerton community excited about relationship with Google - 2
- Manchester school chief's contract extended, with raise linked to teachers' - 1
- New superintendent named in Lebanon - 0
- Board of Ed finds in favor of Goffstown; Dunbarton plans Supreme Court appeal - 2
- Tech conference sparks ideas and imagination - 0
- Nashua assessment tests miss the mark - 1
- St. A's board of trustees responds to criticism of graduation change - 2
- Officials proposing cutting Derry school budget by $1.4 million - 0
- St. Anselm in a stir over graduation date change - 13
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Basketball: Memorial needs shootout to get by Bow - 0
- Man arrested after chase that led from Pelham to Lowell, Mass. - 0
- No shortage of post-holiday shoppers at local stores - 0
- West junior advising College Board on its entrance exams - 0
- Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive - 0
- Derry making progress with efforts to honor POWS, MIAs - 0
- Lions Club blood drive draws on spirit of giving - 0
- Last Week's Rare Bird Alert - 0
- Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive, assaulted her - 0
'Interview' buzz spreads to NH
Murder suspect fit for trial?
Pipeline push gets a second wind