Plymouth freshman, Francis Wayland Parker Scholar, tries to do her best
“She’s been a high honor roll student since day one,” he said. “She’s very conscientious and fun-loving. Her teachers love her, her peers love her, and when she puts her mind to something, she gets it done.”
Friedman, in her essay about the Bedford-born educator Parker, said her school provides a positive learning experience.
Friedman excels outside the classroom as well. In addition to playing high school soccer, basketball and softball, she’s involved in school music festivals, choir, theater, student senate, and was a member of the student council from third through eighth grade.
On the volunteer level, she’s spent hours participating in food drives and wrapping gifts for victims in areas of the country devastated by natural disasters such as Hurricane Sandy.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Reports say Sudanese Christian woman released; Manchester relative hopeful - 0
- 'Cadillac' health tax costs draw big worry - 13
- Wastewater lagoon blamed for Exit 4 odor - 0
- Author and poet Maya Angelou dies at 86 - 0
- After controversy, retired NH superior court judge fights for kudos - 4
- Road to be closed for fallen Brentwood officer's procession - 0
- Brentwood Officer Arkell's death adds fresh pain to somber law enforcement memorial ceremony - 1
- Conference participants take on climate change planning - 1
- NH agencies see growing needs for seniors - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Distracted legislating: Our baseless cellphone ban - 0
- Another View -- Betsy McCaughey: Our free lunch President - 0
- Another View -- Karlyn Borysenko: Workplace bullying is a serious problem, governor - 0
- Workplace abuse: Governor gets one right - 0
- Red Sox pull Lester from Wednesday start amid trade rumors - 0
- Accused Abby kidnapper Kibby had past minor brushes with police - 0
- Police say youths at New Boston underage drinking party resisted arrest - 0
- Man hospitalized following Rochester shooting; suspect still at large - 0
- Muskrats, Swamp Bats split twinbill - 0
Win tickets to see ZZ Top
Win tickets to see the Pretty Reckless
Abby's alleged kidnapper held on $1M bail
When company comes, opt for variety
Dover man sought in Rochester shooting
Supporters are now 'Abby Strong'
Canobie Lake Park shuts down popular ride