'Sketchy players' criticized as Manchester eyes its energy contract
The aldermen’s Special Committee on Energy Contracts and Related Activities will be meeting to review the city’s contract with Competitive Energy Services (CES), which oversees the city’s energy needs with the goal of getting the lowest possible prices for fuel and electricity.
“My concern is there are sketchy players in the energy market that shouldn’t be doing business with government entities. It’s not good for Manchester,” Fromuth said.
“We used a crowbar to open the bidding process (last time). We were able get the bid opened up, but because of the relationship they (CES) have with the public works, the bid went again to them,” Fromuth said, referring to the extension of CES’s contract.
“As far as we (are) aware, the city has been very pleased with the full array of services we have provided and continue to provide,” the spokesperson said.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you - 64
- Portman's good point: A leadership deficit all around - 3
- Wheeler in Dist. 5: A GOP fighter for the little guy - 4
- GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help - 12
- Obama's indecision: In NH, only Ayotte urges action - 56
- Concealed controversy: Our 'Mother, may I' gun policy - 57
- Innis in the 1st: A strong choice for Congress - 11
- Obama waits: A terror threat grows - 41
- For U.S. Senate, Scott Brown best NH candidate come November - 73
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Goffstown's Bourque impresses; Memorial, Bishop Guertin, Pinkerton win in Queen City Jamboree - 0
- Hanover boys soccer edges defense-minded BG - 0
- NH Fisher Cats, Pierre stun Rock Cats in 4-3 win - 0
- Helping hands for new St. Anselm students in Manchester on move in day - 0
- To market, to market: Market Basket shoppers flock on in - 0
- Nashua Market Basket employee: 'Worth every day of work lost' - 0
- NH teen killers to get sentence reviews after state Supreme Court decision - 0
- Manchester raid came 8 months after home invasion - 0
- NH killer in 1991 Smart trial seeks time with wife - 0
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Enter to win tickets to see Paula Poundstone
Goffstown's Bourque impresses; Memorial, Bishop Guertin, Pinkerton win in Queen City Jamboree