'Sketchy players' criticized as Manchester eyes its energy contract
The aldermen’s Special Committee on Energy Contracts and Related Activities will be meeting to review the city’s contract with Competitive Energy Services (CES), which oversees the city’s energy needs with the goal of getting the lowest possible prices for fuel and electricity.
“My concern is there are sketchy players in the energy market that shouldn’t be doing business with government entities. It’s not good for Manchester,” Fromuth said.
“We used a crowbar to open the bidding process (last time). We were able get the bid opened up, but because of the relationship they (CES) have with the public works, the bid went again to them,” Fromuth said, referring to the extension of CES’s contract.
“As far as we (are) aware, the city has been very pleased with the full array of services we have provided and continue to provide,” the spokesperson said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Roger Simon:If Hillary represents an Obama third term, she is doomed - 0
- Gail Fisher's Dog Tracks: Parvo scare could be detrimental to puppy training, despite slim risk - 0
- Another View -- Dan McGuire: We Free Staters are not some threat to be feared - 28
- John Stossel: The other green monster - 1
- Another View - Charles Lane: Obama's wedge issue is the seductive lure of golf - 3
- Jonah Goldberg: If the Islamic State is not evil, then what is? - 4
- George Will: Will we build the Navy we need? - 2
- Betsy McCaughey: Congress should take the lead on Iraq - 2
- Another View - Rick Santorum: When Israel needs our help, we have to be there - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Franklin Pierce's Kirsh to retire as AD - 0
- UNH Wildcat gridders can't stop Toledo, 54-20 - 0
- UNH Wildcats volleyball looking forward to good season - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Pats' cuts hold few surprises - 0
- New-look Boston Red Sox taking test run - 0
- NH Fisher Cats bats silenced in Conn., in 3-1 loss - 0
- Boston Red Sox limited to one hit in loss to Tampa Bay, 7-0 - 0
- Donald Trump to headline 1st Amendment event in NH - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: Drivers education to science, meeting all about the kids - 0
Mount Washington Auto Road to host largest gathering of alternative-energy based vehicles in North America