Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
Sanbornton to vote on cruisers, voting date
Residents will also be asked if they want to return the annual voting and Town Meeting to their traditional time in March.
Residents will be asked to approve the budget committee’s proposed $3,817,075 budget. The selectman’s budget recommendation is $3,875,732.
Article 6 asks residents to approve a five-year, $31,000 lease of a new SUV for the police department. Voters are asked to raise $6,500 for the first-year payment on the vehicle. Town officials said the department’s old SUV will be sold at auction or taken in trade for the new vehicle.
Articles 6-8 call for spending not included in Article 5’s capital outlay, and all are recommended by both the selectmen and the budget committee.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onfrio's Patriots Notebook: Finding a way to win - 0
- Another View -- Bill O'Brien: Ask your state rep. to vote for transparency in the House - 0
- Old friends and a 'homeless angel' make for good stories anytime - 0
- Clooney gets it: Sony attack was not a 'crime' - 0
- New coats warm city kids, firefighters' hearts - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Martin, Pinkerton top Salem in tournament - 0
- Inmate reported missing from Concord transitional unit - 0
- College Roundup: SNHU women win - 0
- Merrimack's Schaller scores first NHL goal, but B's get win - 0
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama
Tensions boil over after NYC police killings
'Everybody was extremely fortunate'