Home » News » Public Safety
Crane tire blows, driver hits trees on Route 101 in Epping
A large construction crane sits in the treeline on the side of Route 101eastbound in Epping Monday morning. (COURTESY)
The driver, Merrill Johnson, 75, of Hooksett was uninjured in the crash that happened at 7:18 a.m.
Troopers from the New Hampshire State Police Troop A closed the right travel lane on Route 101 eastbound as crews removed the vehicle.
Assisting at the scene was the New Hampshire State Police Commercial Vehicle Enforcement Unit.
This incident remains under investigation by Trooper Anthony Cattabriga. Anyone with information is asked to call Trooper Cattabriga at 223-8490.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Dozens displaced by Manchester apartment building fire - 3
- Ossipee woman killed in late-night Moultonborough crash - 1
- Danville couple struggling to get back on feet after explosion - 2
- Farmington school evacuated for bomb threat; police say kids are safe - 0
- Claremont elementary school to get safer sidewalks - 0
- Fire leaves Derry family of four homeless - 0
- Homeless man rescues woman who jumped from Granite Street Bridge - 2
- Propane driver saved from waist-deep mud - 0
- Update: Men target practicing face felonies after report of shots fired in Hooksett - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onfrio's Patriots Notebook: Finding a way to win - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: NoNose gets readers talking like nobody's business - 0
- Know the Law: Your trust can be named beneficiary of an IRA - 0
- Another View -- Bill O'Brien: Ask your state rep. to vote for transparency in the House - 0
- Old friends and a 'homeless angel' make for good stories anytime - 0
- Clooney gets it: Sony attack was not a 'crime' - 0
- New coats warm city kids, firefighters' hearts - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Martin, Pinkerton top Salem in tournament - 0
- Inmate reported missing from Concord transitional unit - 0
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama
Tensions boil over after NYC police killings
'Everybody was extremely fortunate'