Deroy Murdock: Donald Sterling reminds us what real racism looks like
The word “racism” gets tossed around like confetti these days, usually by Democrats seeking to cripple Republicans with one of the ugliest possible accusations. The falsehood of such charges rarely slows their deployment.
McConnell became top Senate Republican in 2006. Hence, the “other President” during McConnell’s leadership was Republican G.W. Bush. Thus, for better or worse, McConnell helped enact Bush’s agenda. So, no shock, McConnell supported a Republican President and generally opposes his Democrat successor (when he’s not sending Obama farm bills and debt hikes to sign).
For a truly “racist statement,” Thompson should study Donald Sterling’s instructive words.
U.S. Rep. Andre Carson, D–Ind., who is black, crawled beneath the racial-rhetoric barrel by saying, “Some of them in Congress right now with this Tea Party movement would love to see you and me … hanging on a tree.” So, pro-Tea Party Republicans are not just racist; they actually want to lynch blacks.
“Black tenants smell and attract vermin,” snarled Sterling, a billionaire apartment owner.
While buying one property, he moaned, “All the blacks in this building, they smell. They’re not clean.” He also reportedly asked prospective Clippers chief Rollie Massimino, “I wanna know why you think you can coach these n*****s.”
Hernandez urgently needs to relax. So does Dartmouth’s Guillermo Rojas. He saw fellow student Noah Smith sporting a tank top with a Corona Beer-style logo that read, “Phiesta.” Rojas allegedly poured a Powerade on Smith and said, “I’m sorry. Did I spill on your racist tank?”
If Dartmouth’s hypersensitive children want to confront anti-Hispanic racism, they should Google Donald Sterling.
When Leftists scream, “Racism!” verify that their condemnations at least approximate the Sterling Standard.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Study would make Nashua less of a one-way ride - 0
- Keene officials recommend clearing Robin Williams memorial before Pumpkin Festival - 2
- Salem officials mum on police chief suspension; selectman alleges vulgar insult at meeting - 11
- Nashua to use surplus to reduce tax rate - 0
- Franklin school-city consolidation to be studied further - 0
- Nashua aldermen override mayor's veto on police contract that will raise patrolman salaries - 0
- Manchester officials searching for central preschool facility building - 2
- After 12 years, Derry CFO steps down from position - 0
- Alleged conflict of interest among Timberlane board member's issues - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua man accused of cutting wife’s throat committed to psychiatric hospital - 1
- Two may have stabbed each other in Concord parking garage incident, police say - 0
- Manchester joyride in a stolen truck lands two in handcuffs - 0
- High School Football Power Poll: Some shuffling in the middle - 0
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
- Pamela Diamantis: USNH’s tuition freeze offer is good for NH’s future - 1
- Crosstown Variety Store robbed in Manchester - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio: A well-earned celebration for Sox. - 0
- A’s earn their way into postseason play - 0
Dover man's nightmare lesson for everyone
Fall hikers throughout NH put on notice
'Strange ideas' Banning guns made in NH
Personhood Controversial? Really?
License revocations for DWI announced
Dredging planned for Milford's Osgood Pond