Deroy Murdock: Donald Sterling reminds us what real racism looks like
The word “racism” gets tossed around like confetti these days, usually by Democrats seeking to cripple Republicans with one of the ugliest possible accusations. The falsehood of such charges rarely slows their deployment.
McConnell became top Senate Republican in 2006. Hence, the “other President” during McConnell’s leadership was Republican G.W. Bush. Thus, for better or worse, McConnell helped enact Bush’s agenda. So, no shock, McConnell supported a Republican President and generally opposes his Democrat successor (when he’s not sending Obama farm bills and debt hikes to sign).
For a truly “racist statement,” Thompson should study Donald Sterling’s instructive words.
U.S. Rep. Andre Carson, D–Ind., who is black, crawled beneath the racial-rhetoric barrel by saying, “Some of them in Congress right now with this Tea Party movement would love to see you and me … hanging on a tree.” So, pro-Tea Party Republicans are not just racist; they actually want to lynch blacks.
“Black tenants smell and attract vermin,” snarled Sterling, a billionaire apartment owner.
While buying one property, he moaned, “All the blacks in this building, they smell. They’re not clean.” He also reportedly asked prospective Clippers chief Rollie Massimino, “I wanna know why you think you can coach these n*****s.”
Hernandez urgently needs to relax. So does Dartmouth’s Guillermo Rojas. He saw fellow student Noah Smith sporting a tank top with a Corona Beer-style logo that read, “Phiesta.” Rojas allegedly poured a Powerade on Smith and said, “I’m sorry. Did I spill on your racist tank?”
If Dartmouth’s hypersensitive children want to confront anti-Hispanic racism, they should Google Donald Sterling.
When Leftists scream, “Racism!” verify that their condemnations at least approximate the Sterling Standard.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Answers sought over dead ducks, geese - 0
- Derry residents debate dog leash law - 0
- Man who shot Huskies was worried he would be target of animal rights groups - 20
- Police say three Huskies missing in Merrimack were mistaken as wolves and shot, killed - 75
- Three missing Siberian Huskies found dead - 5
- 3 communities may share animal officer - 0
- Merrimack dog owner desperate to find three missing Huskies - 1
- Dock-diving dogs woof it up at Humane Society fundraiser - 0
- Walk for Whiskers to raise money to support shelter - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Cross Country: Moskowitz, Kimball primed for Meet of Champions battle - 0
- Salem coach Rich has seen playoff runs from both sidelines - 0
- Monarchs' Schultz leads by example - 0
- Manchester Marathon day to draw about 1,700 runners - 0
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Londonderry vs. Salem is a playoff contest - 0
- Another View - Jeanne Shaheen: What it means to put New Hampshire first - 2
- Another View -- Scott Brown: To change direction, we need to change senators - 6
- Patricia LaFrance: For Hillsborough County Attorney - 1
- Misleading women: Does Kuster think they're bad at math? - 6
Manchester pub crawl leads to arrest of four