Manchester plans to create bike lanes in downtown area
As it completes sewer main work, the Department of Public Works intends to stripe lanes on Chestnut Street downtown, from Merrimack Street to Auburn Street, and on Wellington Road on the east side.
The lane on Chestnut would be six feet wide and run between the parking lane and the two lanes of traffic. It would be set part with a dotted line and icons on the street and there would be street signs as well. Signage would be proposed to the committee at a later date.
The committee was not asked to vote on the plan, but responded favorably to it.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- St. Patrick celebrations culminate with Manchester parade - 0
- Adam Ezra Group brings road trip to Granite State this spring - 0
- Astrology and Psychic Fair planned - 0
- Guitar ensemble, rock band students play - 0
- Egg-citing Easter egg hunts starting across Granite State - 0
- Time for maple sugaring in Mt. Washington Valley - 0
- Quarrybrook hosts Maple Day with outdoor activities - 0
- On your mark, get set — gather sap - 0
- 1,200-plus visitors expected at Spring Harvest Maple Farm - 0
Astrology and Psychic Fair planned
On your mark, get set — gather sap
Guitar ensemble, rock band students play
Without gas tax hike, NH House budget stalls
January blizzard officially ruled a disaster
A DOT budget: Hara-kiri on the highway
NH's maple sap isn't as sweet as it once was
George Will: Who says economics is hard?