Manchester plans to create bike lanes in downtown area
As it completes sewer main work, the Department of Public Works intends to stripe lanes on Chestnut Street downtown, from Merrimack Street to Auburn Street, and on Wellington Road on the east side.
The lane on Chestnut would be six feet wide and run between the parking lane and the two lanes of traffic. It would be set part with a dotted line and icons on the street and there would be street signs as well. Signage would be proposed to the committee at a later date.
The committee was not asked to vote on the plan, but responded favorably to it.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bedford Bison NH baseball 38+ champs for 2014 - 0
- NH Audubon's Rare Bird Alert for Aug. 26 - 0
- Stacey Cole's Nature Talks: Orioles, catbirds, robins line up for grape jelly - 0
- Bedford man accused of sexually assaulting 2 children - 0
- Londonderry firefighters on mission to make sure children won’t be cold - 0
- Salem considers legal action over damaged school gym floor at Lancaster Elementary - 0
- Great NH Restaurants to expand its charitable efforts with FEEDNH.org - 0
- Win tickets to see Steven Wright - 0
- Enter to win tickets to see Paula Poundstone - 0
Enter to win tickets to see Paula Poundstone
Win tickets to see Steven Wright
NH Audubon's Rare Bird Alert for Aug. 26
Hooksett highs: A good multiple choice test