Manchester plans to create bike lanes in downtown area
As it completes sewer main work, the Department of Public Works intends to stripe lanes on Chestnut Street downtown, from Merrimack Street to Auburn Street, and on Wellington Road on the east side.
The lane on Chestnut would be six feet wide and run between the parking lane and the two lanes of traffic. It would be set part with a dotted line and icons on the street and there would be street signs as well. Signage would be proposed to the committee at a later date.
The committee was not asked to vote on the plan, but responded favorably to it.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Senior News: Donation made to help Families First expand dental care for seniors - 0
- Thousands gather for Marlborough's annual town-wide celebration - 0
- Kids, seniors complete in inaugural DeMar races in Keene over weekend - 0
- Hudson girl and her family continue race against time - 0
- Free Outdoor Adventure Talk – Hunting Dominant Bucks - 0
- MOTÖRHEAD Invites Fans to Make Official "Killed By Death" Video - 0
- EXODUS: Guitar World Premieres Third Bonus DVD Trailer - 0
- Pats Peak Ski Team enrollment has begun for the 2014/15 season - 0
- STS9 To Kick Off 'Autumn Tour 2014' October 9 in Indianapolis and Ring In 2015 With Three Shows in Denver - 0
Fall hikers throughout NH put on notice
Win tickets to see Demi Lovato
Win tickets to see the John Butler Trio
Win tickets to see Kip Moore
Racism in Lincoln? Looks more like ignorance