Manchester plans to create bike lanes in downtown area
As it completes sewer main work, the Department of Public Works intends to stripe lanes on Chestnut Street downtown, from Merrimack Street to Auburn Street, and on Wellington Road on the east side.
The lane on Chestnut would be six feet wide and run between the parking lane and the two lanes of traffic. It would be set part with a dotted line and icons on the street and there would be street signs as well. Signage would be proposed to the committee at a later date.
The committee was not asked to vote on the plan, but responded favorably to it.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 'A Medium with a Message' to stop in Concord, Manchester - 0
- Cello virtuoso Dave Eggar and singer/songwriter Amber Rubarth to perform in Keene - 0
- Jean's Playhouse in Lincoln recounts a Camelot spoof - 0
- Antique appraisal day set - 0
- Nashua Public Library welcomes cello duo - 0
- Karen Morgan & Pony Express to play Henniker concert July 29 - 0
- Cruise over to Bedford July 30 for display of 1950s, 1960s vehicles - 0
- Shakespeare in the Park shows scheduled - 0
- 'Guys and Dolls' return to Leddy Stage to mark 40 years - 0
Win tickets to see Josh Turner
Win tickets to see Austin Mahone
Insanity: Obamacare and the rule of law
Seabrook fires two officers for Bergeron brutality; Third officer suspended, lieutenant demoted
Celebrations for Abby on hold
Market Basket walkout a future case study