Manchester plans to create bike lanes in downtown area
As it completes sewer main work, the Department of Public Works intends to stripe lanes on Chestnut Street downtown, from Merrimack Street to Auburn Street, and on Wellington Road on the east side.
The lane on Chestnut would be six feet wide and run between the parking lane and the two lanes of traffic. It would be set part with a dotted line and icons on the street and there would be street signs as well. Signage would be proposed to the committee at a later date.
The committee was not asked to vote on the plan, but responded favorably to it.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hundred Nights Shelter is holding its first annual Holiday Auction this Dec. - 0
- Derry places 'Giving Tree' in Municipal Center - 0
- Former Londonderry student sails into Navy career aboard the USS Lincoln - 0
- Frisella Fine Art Studio in Candia to hold open house - 0
- Ballet superstar Misty Copeland joins local dancers in Nutcracker - 0
- AC/DC Tribute Band to rock Rochester Opera House - 0
- Memorial recalls church fire, while calling to mind those lost to AIDS - 0
- Reunion of sisters mirrors impact of WWII - 0
- Grammy-winning conductor at helm of 'Nutcracker' orchestra - 0
NH's fishing industry staggered
Win tickets to see the Amazing Nano Brothers
Whiskey jacks and camp at Unknown Pond
NH suffers 4th worst outage on record
Pat Buchanan: What to make of Ferguson?