Home » Sports » Sports Columns
Manchester plans to create bike lanes in downtown area
As it completes sewer main work, the Department of Public Works intends to stripe lanes on Chestnut Street downtown, from Merrimack Street to Auburn Street, and on Wellington Road on the east side.
The lane on Chestnut would be six feet wide and run between the parking lane and the two lanes of traffic. It would be set part with a dotted line and icons on the street and there would be street signs as well. Signage would be proposed to the committee at a later date.
The committee was not asked to vote on the plan, but responded favorably to it.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Driver Taryn Laskey is all bark and bite behind wheel - 0
- Lots of chances to laugh on Dec. 31 - 0
- Documentary marks Backstreet Boys' highs and lows - 0
- Traditional, contemporary photography at Edwards gallery - 0
- Robots to return to NH science center - 0
- Raunchy Randos chat about musical monikers, new release - 0
- Mix of magic and physical comedy to hit Seacoast stage - 0
- So, do you really think you can dance? - 0
- Andrew Pinard to perform at the Players' Ring - 0
Win tickets to see Linkin Park
Enter to win tickets to see Tom Chapin
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Slandering police: Racism in reverse
After shooting, Brentwood PD seeks backup
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads