Manchester plans to create bike lanes in downtown area
As it completes sewer main work, the Department of Public Works intends to stripe lanes on Chestnut Street downtown, from Merrimack Street to Auburn Street, and on Wellington Road on the east side.
The lane on Chestnut would be six feet wide and run between the parking lane and the two lanes of traffic. It would be set part with a dotted line and icons on the street and there would be street signs as well. Signage would be proposed to the committee at a later date.
The committee was not asked to vote on the plan, but responded favorably to it.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Closing the season in style - 0
- NH Club Briefs: Bedford student wins French oratorical contest - 0
- Bobby Long brainstorms trip back to acoustic roots - 0
- Tom Chapin is talking numbers: specifically, '70' - 0
- NH Club Notes: Danbury Grange to host benefit for fire victim - 0
- St. Patrick celebrations culminate with Manchester parade - 0
- Adam Ezra Group brings road trip to Granite State this spring - 0
- Astrology and Psychic Fair planned - 0
- Egg-citing Easter egg hunts starting across Granite State - 0
On your mark, get set — gather sap
Craftsmen's gallery offers 'Spring Fever'
NH's maple sap isn't as sweet as it once was
George Will: Who says economics is hard?
Falling clam juice prompts lawsuit