Manchester plans to create bike lanes in downtown area
As it completes sewer main work, the Department of Public Works intends to stripe lanes on Chestnut Street downtown, from Merrimack Street to Auburn Street, and on Wellington Road on the east side.
The lane on Chestnut would be six feet wide and run between the parking lane and the two lanes of traffic. It would be set part with a dotted line and icons on the street and there would be street signs as well. Signage would be proposed to the committee at a later date.
The committee was not asked to vote on the plan, but responded favorably to it.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Veterans part of cast staging military court-room battle - 0
- 'Boys Next Door' take up residence at Bedford Off Broadway - 0
- Musical theater group recaps '65 stage favs on Derry stage - 0
- ACT to host evening of short plays at its Nashua home base - 0
- Grammy winning pianist Krall plays Portsmouth tonight - 0
- Love, heartbreak on menu for Concord lunchtime concerts, lectures - 0
- Psychic Fair to take place at Derry community center Saturday - 0
- Bonner's 'Crowd Source' exhibit in Concord captures everyday life - 0
- Wait, wait ... Paula Poundstone w'll tell you herself - 0
Win tickets to see Black Label Society
A new favorite spot for classy seafood
Granite State volunteers honor MLK's legacy
State: Croydon must end private tuition
George Will: Stopping the IRS