Loud music leads to drug, gun arrest in Manchester
May 05. 2014 10:06PM
MANCHESTER — Police said they were in the area of Pine and Grove streets early Monday morning on an unrelated call when they heard loud music coming from a vehicle stopped in the middle of the alley, with the engine running at 3 a.m.
Their contact with the 22-year-old passenger and the driver, Wilfredo Castro Osorio, 42, of 67 Lincoln St., and the subsequent investigation resulted in the arrest of Castro Osorio.
He was arraigned later in the morning in Circuit Court-Manchester District Division on felony charges of possession of a controlled drug with intent to sell, for having over 13 grams of crack cocaine packaged for sale, and felonious use of a firearm, for having a handgun loaded with six rounds in the vehicle.
Since no plea can be entered to a felony in Circuit Court, a probable cause hearing was set for May 19.
Speaking through an interpreter, Castro Osorio pleaded innocent to charges of carrying a firearm without a license and possession of a prescription drug without a prescription, for having 20 pills of quetiapine fumarate.
Trial was set for June 3.
Police prosecutor Carrissa Pelletier said Castro Osorio also had over $2,000 in cash in his possession. She requested $10,000 cash/surety bail, with a hearing on the source of any funds offered for bail. Pelletier said Castro Osorio has no criminal record, but his behavior is of concern.
Stab victim is mom’s boyfriend
Matthew Parsons, 19, could enter no plea Monday in Circuit Court-Manchester District Division to a first-degree assault charge that alleges he stabbed his mother’s boyfriend late Thursday night at their apartment at, 541 Kimball St. A probable cause hearing was set for May 19.
Court documents show Parsons’ mother told police that she had been arguing with her boyfriend for about an hour and he was making no sense.
She said her son was in the kitchen preparing food. She said she heard the sound of a folding knife opening and her son entered the living room and charged at her boyfriend, chasing him into a hallway and stabbing him in the upper right chest with a black handled knife with a 3- to 4-inch blade. She said Parsons then fled the apartment.
Parsons asked Judge William Lyons for a break on bail, saying: “I’m supposed to be starting college tonight.” Parsons said that in addition to starting classes at Mt. Washington College, formerly Hesser College, he is supposed to be starting a job.
But the judge left bail at $10,000 cash/surety, with conditions barring contact with the alleged victim and barring Parsons from the man’s residence.
Court documents show Parsons will be staying with his father at an Ashland Street address if released on bail.
High bail instead of motion
Circuit Court-Manchester District Division Judge William Lyons asked police prosecutors Monday if they were going to file a preventive detention motion for Danny Jaquez, 21, who allegedly held a gun to his head and said he wanted to commit suicide. Jaquez also allegedly cut himself on the chest and stomach with a knife and later allegedly shouted at police: “Kill me. Kill me.”
Instead of a motion, police prosecutors sought $100,000 cash/surety bail, with conditions barring contact with Jaquez’ pregnant girlfriend and her mother and barring him from 689 Auburn St., where he had been living with the two women since January.
Jaquez was arraigned Monday in Circuit Court. Court documents show that his girlfriend told police that Jaquez held to his head a .40 caliber handgun that belongs to her mother and said: “I want to die.” The girlfriend and her mother told police they tried to take the gun away and it discharged, causing an abrasion to her hand, but not a bullet wound.
He could enter no plea to the felony reckless conduct charge involving the gun, so a probable cause hearing was set for May 19.
Trial on two misdemeanor charges of criminal threatening, one of resisting arrest and two of criminal mischief was set for June 32.
Says he’s the victim
In Circuit Court-Manchester District Division Monday, Joel Marceau, 51, who lists the homeless shelter as his address, claimed the he was the victim of assault, not the person who committed the assault Saturday.
He said if he were released on personal recognizance bail, he could find the witnesses to prove it.
He said he knows some only by first names and others only by sight, so he could not identify them for a lawyer if he were stuck in jail on a cash/surety bail.
Judge William Lyons wasn’t willing to make the bail personal recognizance, but he did set it at $500 cash/surety, with conditions that bar contact with the alleged victim. Trial was set for June 3.