Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Jul 24, 2014
Ex-Timberlane teacher serving child porn sentence seeks early release from prison
Scott Buatti, 48, of Newton is seeking an early release from state prison after serving a year and a half behind bars for possession of child pornography. (JAMES A. KIMBLE/FILE PHOTO)
Scott Buatti, 48, of Newton, petitioned a Rockingham County Superior Court judge to suspend the remainder of his prison term after spending 17 months behind bars.
A jury convicted him of 10 counts of possession of child pornography in April 2011.
“He will exceed his minimum parole date if he were now to begin and complete the (sex offender program) behind the walls,” Sisti said in court papers.
Blanchard asked Judge Kenneth McHugh, who presided over Buatti’s 2011 trial, to reject the request without a hearing.
At trial, Buatti denied ever viewing child pornography. But ICE agents testified that Buatti acknowledged during an interview that he had looked and kept images of girls as young as 8 or 9 years old on his computer.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say North Hampton man distributed child sex abuse images - 0
- Sexual assault charge in Keene - 0
- Keene man charged with threatening Nelson teen with gun - 0
- More details released about Nashua drive-by shooting - 0
- Portsmouth man charged with two felony drug counts - 0
- Affidavits show woman was shot as feds conducted downtown Manchester drug raid - 0
- Newton man charged with kidnapping, sexual assault of 15-year-old Mass. girl - 1
- Two felony charges for alleged Portsmouth drug dealer - 0
- Nashua man arrested in violent purse snatching - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- On Baseball: Fisher Cats manager Meacham learned a few things, too - 0
- First and 10: Old No. 1 begins as new No. 1 - 0
- NHIAA Girls' Soccer Preview: All eyes on Bedford, Exeter - 0
- Another View -- Dan McGuire: We Free Staters are not some threat to be feared - 0
- Taxpayer rights: Left, right should restore them - 0
- Hooksett highs: A good multiple choice test - 0
- No paper Monday - 0
- Patriots' Garoppolo solid, but Giants eke out 16-13 win in preseason finale - 0
- Education business tax credit program upheld - 0
Enter to win tickets to see Paula Poundstone
Win tickets to see Steven Wright
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917