Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Jul 24, 2014
Ex-Timberlane teacher serving child porn sentence seeks early release from prison
Scott Buatti, 48, of Newton is seeking an early release from state prison after serving a year and a half behind bars for possession of child pornography. (JAMES A. KIMBLE/FILE PHOTO)
Scott Buatti, 48, of Newton, petitioned a Rockingham County Superior Court judge to suspend the remainder of his prison term after spending 17 months behind bars.
A jury convicted him of 10 counts of possession of child pornography in April 2011.
“He will exceed his minimum parole date if he were now to begin and complete the (sex offender program) behind the walls,” Sisti said in court papers.
Blanchard asked Judge Kenneth McHugh, who presided over Buatti’s 2011 trial, to reject the request without a hearing.
At trial, Buatti denied ever viewing child pornography. But ICE agents testified that Buatti acknowledged during an interview that he had looked and kept images of girls as young as 8 or 9 years old on his computer.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Authorities mum about reports of shooting in Manchester - 0
- Police say woman broke into Hollis home and took pictures - 0
- Addiction treatment doctor gets restricted license - 0
- Newmarket man charged with sex assault of 12-year-old girl - 0
- Wife charged with stabbing husband during argument - 0
- Imprisoned pair could add to their already lengthy sentences if found guilty of assault - 0
- Judge nixes house arrest for man convicted in Ponzi scheme - 0
- Raymond man faces possession of child porn charges - 0
- Man failed to note conviction on gun permit - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Boys' Soccer Preview: Talent to boot - 0
- Last call at home for Fisher Cats tonight - 0
- Jessica Goldman was on the move - 0
- Band camp gets Memorial musicians in rhythm a week early - 0
- Drew Cline: Small sleights of hand in Republican primaries around NH - 0
- Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you - 0
- Portman's good point: A leadership deficit all around - 0
- Scott and Genevieve Kelley - 0
- Market Basket deal reached; Arthur T. Demoulas to return - 1
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate
- Total Votes: 917