Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Jul 24, 2014
Ex-Timberlane teacher serving child porn sentence seeks early release from prison
Scott Buatti, 48, of Newton is seeking an early release from state prison after serving a year and a half behind bars for possession of child pornography. (JAMES A. KIMBLE/FILE PHOTO)
Scott Buatti, 48, of Newton, petitioned a Rockingham County Superior Court judge to suspend the remainder of his prison term after spending 17 months behind bars.
A jury convicted him of 10 counts of possession of child pornography in April 2011.
“He will exceed his minimum parole date if he were now to begin and complete the (sex offender program) behind the walls,” Sisti said in court papers.
Blanchard asked Judge Kenneth McHugh, who presided over Buatti’s 2011 trial, to reject the request without a hearing.
At trial, Buatti denied ever viewing child pornography. But ICE agents testified that Buatti acknowledged during an interview that he had looked and kept images of girls as young as 8 or 9 years old on his computer.
READER COMMENTS: 3
- NH killer in 1991 Smart trial seeks time with wife - 8
- Newport shooting victim in stable but critical condition - 0
- Nashua arrests 9 on drug warrants - 0
- Police: Nashua man in car targeted by gunfire was felon with gun - 1
- Man shot at in Nashua drive-by charged with unrelated possession of stolen gun - 0
- NH Supreme Court rules 4 teen killers entitled to sentencing hearings - 6
- Hampton woman who fatally struck pedestrian wants blood test thrown out of court - 1
- Man seeks to upend conviction in Deerfield home invasion case - 0
- Police say North Hampton man distributed child sex abuse images - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Franklin Pierce's Kirsh to retire as AD - 0
- UNH Wildcat gridders can't stop Toledo, 54-20 - 0
- UNH Wildcats volleyball looking forward to good season - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Pats' cuts hold few surprises - 0
- New-look Boston Red Sox taking test run - 0
- NH Fisher Cats bats silenced in Conn., in 3-1 loss - 0
- Boston Red Sox limited to one hit in loss to Tampa Bay, 7-0 - 0
- Donald Trump to headline 1st Amendment event in NH - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: Drivers education to science, meeting all about the kids - 0
Mount Washington Auto Road to host largest gathering of alternative-energy based vehicles in North America
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917