Southern New Hampshire University offers 4-year degree for $10,000
“I think everybody has a sense that it is a coming wave,” LeBlanc said.
The College for America bachelor’s degree will be based on 240 core competencies with tuition costing $2,500 per year. Students who took four years to complete the program would pay $10,000 — a fraction of the cost at many institutions of higher learning.
One of the partner companies is Wellpoint/Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield.
Conley started at Anthem as a customer service representative about 15 years ago and has advanced within the company, but said she has been warned repeatedly that the lack of a degree was going to be a barrier at some point.
“It sounded like an opportunity that was going to provide flexibility that I needed. It focused on ‘transferable knowledge,’” she said.
“Anthem produced a pretty strong student in me,” said Conley, who lives in New Boston with her husband and three children. “We can succeed with a lot of knowledge we already have. CFA gave me a different lens to look through.”
READER COMMENTS: 27
- A mom's bail: Getting it right - 0
- Clooney gets it: Sony attack was not a 'crime' - 12
- Proof of Santa here: Hooksett's Dick Marshall, for one - 0
- Christmas spirit: Do you have more than a homeless man? - 1
- The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama - 47
- Obama gets smoked: Castros celebrate in Havana - 38
- On naming the victim: It is Kibby's story now - 0
- After Newtown: A gun rights revival - 39
- Vermont's disaster: An Obamedy of errors - 15
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads