Southern New Hampshire University offers 4-year degree for $10,000
“I think everybody has a sense that it is a coming wave,” LeBlanc said.
The College for America bachelor’s degree will be based on 240 core competencies with tuition costing $2,500 per year. Students who took four years to complete the program would pay $10,000 — a fraction of the cost at many institutions of higher learning.
One of the partner companies is Wellpoint/Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield.
Conley started at Anthem as a customer service representative about 15 years ago and has advanced within the company, but said she has been warned repeatedly that the lack of a degree was going to be a barrier at some point.
“It sounded like an opportunity that was going to provide flexibility that I needed. It focused on ‘transferable knowledge,’” she said.
“Anthem produced a pretty strong student in me,” said Conley, who lives in New Boston with her husband and three children. “We can succeed with a lot of knowledge we already have. CFA gave me a different lens to look through.”
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mary Chapin Carpenter - 0
- George Benson - 0
- Ghost Encounters at Canterbury Shaker Village - 0
- Comedian Juston McKinney - 0
- Annual Zombie Walks - 0
- Ghosts on the Banke - 0
- 2014 New Hampshire Auto Show - 0
- New Hampshire Brew Fest - 0
- Weekend Top 10 Planner: October 24-26, 2014 - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UNH Notebook: Ground game is Stony Brook's rock - 0
- The debut of the 'The $30,000 Nutt' - 0
- How stable is this telephone pole? - 0
- Drew Cline: Two weeks before the election, no one is talking about guns - 0
- Fixing Obamacare: Shaheen offers no way out - 0
- Debate rule No. 1: Don't crash - 0
- Obamacare takes center stage at 1st Congressional debate - 0
- NHIAA Field Hockey Roundup: Londonderry edges Central - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Brummett spurs Derryfield - 0
Fall hikers throughout NH put on notice
Keene riots a focus of gubernatorial debate
NH's back-road rest areas fading away
Win tickets to see Kip Moore
Fixing Obamacare: Shaheen offers no way out
UPDATED: Flood warning issued for southern NH; leaks force visitation to be cancelled at Goffstown women's prison
Jonee Earthquake band shakes Shaskeen