Southern New Hampshire University offers 4-year degree for $10,000
“I think everybody has a sense that it is a coming wave,” LeBlanc said.
The College for America bachelor’s degree will be based on 240 core competencies with tuition costing $2,500 per year. Students who took four years to complete the program would pay $10,000 — a fraction of the cost at many institutions of higher learning.
One of the partner companies is Wellpoint/Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield.
Conley started at Anthem as a customer service representative about 15 years ago and has advanced within the company, but said she has been warned repeatedly that the lack of a degree was going to be a barrier at some point.
“It sounded like an opportunity that was going to provide flexibility that I needed. It focused on ‘transferable knowledge,’” she said.
“Anthem produced a pretty strong student in me,” said Conley, who lives in New Boston with her husband and three children. “We can succeed with a lot of knowledge we already have. CFA gave me a different lens to look through.”
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Back to school at Keene State - 0
- School board holds hearing on proposed charter school in Windham - 0
- Hill district considering three offers where to send middle, high school students - 0
- Program to help hungry Hudson kids with food packages - 0
- Lebanon College announces cancelation of fall classes - 0
- Robot 'Joe' will be student's eyes, ears in Bow fifth-grader's classroom - 2
- SNHU, NHIA set to merge, public still concerned - 3
- Manchester to raise driver's ed fee to $575 - 0
- Despite opposition from Common Core foes, Manchester school standards OK'd - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Officials hire principal for Golden Brook school - 0
- Derry councilors select semi-finalists for town admin job - 0
- Plaistow begins search for new police chief - 0
- Without an exemption, Goffstown resident must pay high taxes on solar energy panels - 1
- Upcoming selectmen's meeting stirring controversy among Bow's firefighters - 1
- Manchester police to hold ‘Coffee with a Cop’ event - 0
- Manchester police officer finds gun in cyclist’s backpack - 2
- President Obama: Rescue attempt of NH-based journalist James Foley failed - 6
- Family of slain journalist James Foley calls for more action to save others - 0
Derry to NH: Take Exit 4A
Editorial: Garcia gains Lambert lies
ISIS beheads NH journalist