Home » News » Public Safety
Suspicious fire at Manchester gas station
District Chief Al Poulin said the fire is suspicious, but the cause is undetermined. Police and investigators with the Fire Prevention Bureau are trying to figure out how it began.
About 11:30 p.m., two passersby told a worker at the gas station/convenience store at 987 Hanover St. that there was a fire in the back of the building.
When fire crews arrived, they found two sheds in a fenced area in flames. A high power line to the store made it difficult for fire trucks to maneuver around the building, so an aerial truck was brought in to extinguished flames that reached the soffit and roof area of the gas station.
The fire was extinguished in about 25 minutes.
No one was injured.
Both sheds were destroyed while the gas station had minor damage. Poulin estimated total damage at about $25,000.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Rymes Oil employees pull Bradford man from flaming wreck, but driver succumbs to injuries - 0
- Keene man killed in work accident in Troy Monday - 0
- Teen driver dies after being pulled from icy waters in Londonderry - 8
- Trio escapes Claremont fire after smoke wakes resident - 0
- Man suffers life-threatening injuries in Little Cohas Brook crash - 0
- Tractor-trailer pulls down poles, wires, closing part of Route 28 in Epsom - 0
- Commission honors seven for contributions to state firefighter training - 0
- Lost hikers found safe in Gilsum - 1
- Woman thrown from horse, injured - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester Turkey Bowl will go as scheduled - 0
- Red Sox think they got free agent signings right this time - 0
- Turkey Bowls: Passion always on the menu - 0
- Manchester Turkey Bowl: Crusaders aim to rewrite history - 0
- Dave Solomon's Power Plays: Who knew what and when in PSNH scrubber case? - 0
- Story of Marine Memorial at Hampton Beach begins with Bill Downs - 0
- Immigrants include ethnic dishes at their Thanksgiving table - 0
- Puritans in America: Daniel Webster on religion's role - 0
- Mitt Romney is out front, but says he's not running again - 0
On being American: A point for reflection
Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket
Person found dead in Manchester alley