Bike Manchester schedules first group ride Saturday
MANCHESTER — Bike Manchester will hold its first group bicycle ride at 6:30 p.m., Saturday, beginning and ending at Studio 550, 550 Elm St.
The family-friendly ride will be held in conjunction with, and just prior to, an opening reception for “Shift: The Art of the Bicycle,” a bicycle-themed art exhibit at Studio 550, Manchester’s community-based art studio.
The 4.4-mile round-trip ride will proceed north on Elm Street to Webster School, where it will return to Studio 550 in time for the exhibit’s opening reception at 7:30 p.m.
“This will be a leisurely ride for bicyclists of all ages and abilities right through the heart of downtown. All area bicyclists are invited to participate,” said Bike Manchester member and event organizer Eric Zulaski.
Studio 550 founder Monica Leap said the group ride is a perfect complement to the studio’s bicycle-themed art exhibit, which runs through June 14 and features both 2-D and 3-D pieces inspired by the bicycle.
“Like the city itself, Manchester’s bike scene is growing and evolving. We want to celebrate that,” Leap said.
Bike Manchester was founded in 2013 by city bicyclists. It meets the fourth Thursday of the month. The next meeting will be held at 6 p.m., Thursday, May 22, in Victory Park (weather permitting). In the event of inclement weather, the meeting will be held at the Greater Manchester Chamber of Commerce, 54 Hanover St. All are welcome to attend.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.