Charges against Merrimack shoveler melt away
Menahem Lowy stands near the spot at the end of his Merrimack driveway where he was accused of impeding a town snowplow on Feb. 18. (DAVID LANE/UNION LEADER)
“Maybe the prosecutor saw no advantage to go to court for such a trivial incident,” Lowy said.
Lowy, who holds a doctorate from University of California Berkeley and worked at BAE Systems, said the snowplow had twice passed by his driveway and was about to make a third pass when it stopped as he shoveled the snow at the end of his driveway.
“The driver of the truck and I know exactly what happened,” Lowy said. “I was all the time on my driveway.”
“I can’t force the prosecution to have a trial,” he said.
Kowalewski said the agreement provided justice. She said several factors were taken into account, including Lowy’s clean criminal record, his age, the charge and the ability to bring the charge forward if Lowy is arrested again.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Efforts continue to make Zach Tompkins Field a reality in Hudson - 0
- Nashua's Carroll sets sights on 2015 mayoral run - 0
- Hudson selectmen chastise consultant over project - 0
- Despite damage to roads, FEMA is not an option in Winchester - 0
- Manchester waives right to buy Millyard building - 0
- Still no budget in Nashua - 0
- Derry councilors discuss putting limits on skyline - 0
- Conservation transaction could be postponed as Londonderry officials debate stewardship - 0
- Nevins developer releases Londonderry from walking trail easement - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Jayne Millerick: Dems scaring women by misleading them on contraception - 0
- Basket case: Saga of a supermarket - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Ongoing renovations in Foxborough - 0
- Three years later, investigation continues into homicide of Celina Cass - 0
- Nashua celebration in the works for Medal of Honor recipient - 0
- Fisher Cats down Senators in road trip opener - 0
- No water for Manchester sewer bill scofflaws? - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Defense attorney seeks home confinement for drug addict - 0
- Cheshire Historical Society receives nearly $1 million - 0
Market Basket walkout a future case study
UPDATED: Thousands of Market Basket employees rally; company board issues statement on purchase offer, reaffirms support for new CEOs
Basket case: Saga of a supermarket
- Should mortar-style firework sales to the public be prohibited?
- Total Votes: 1507