Charges against Merrimack shoveler melt away
Menahem Lowy stands near the spot at the end of his Merrimack driveway where he was accused of impeding a town snowplow on Feb. 18. (DAVID LANE/UNION LEADER)
“Maybe the prosecutor saw no advantage to go to court for such a trivial incident,” Lowy said.
Lowy, who holds a doctorate from University of California Berkeley and worked at BAE Systems, said the snowplow had twice passed by his driveway and was about to make a third pass when it stopped as he shoveled the snow at the end of his driveway.
“The driver of the truck and I know exactly what happened,” Lowy said. “I was all the time on my driveway.”
“I can’t force the prosecution to have a trial,” he said.
Kowalewski said the agreement provided justice. She said several factors were taken into account, including Lowy’s clean criminal record, his age, the charge and the ability to bring the charge forward if Lowy is arrested again.
READER COMMENTS: 48
- Committee rejects call for additional money to help charter schools - 4
- House group rejects sending surplus to rainy day fund - 1
- Young reappointed to AG post - 0
- Hassan won't ask for vote on new members of utility project evaluation panel - 2
- Nashua asks judge to hold secretary of state in contempt over how ballot was printed - 0
- State agency budget requests top $12 billion for next two years - 2
- Lawmakers honored for environmental work - 0
- Senate president says $70 million is the number for state budget cuts - 0
- Group continues its fight to stop development at Sunapee's West Bowl - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Shaheen, Brown supporters gather at final debate - 2
- Senate candidates sharply divided on Islamic threat, Ebola, Obamacare - 22
- Stocks up on GDP, earnings - 0
- Rocket blast damps Orbital as commercial space rush lures rivals - 0
- Former Farmington fire chief waives arraignment on theft charges - 0
- $50k bail for two charged with beating pizza delivery man - 0
- Latest round of riot arrests includes 5 Keene State students - 0
- 2 Manchester health service groups announce merger - 0
- FinneRageTV uses Keene for promotion - 0
Trump fired up over NH mailer
School's out for voters