Jul 24, 2014
Jul 16, 2014
Jul 10, 2014
Jun 26, 2014
Laconia councilor will fight police officer assault charge
A prominent city lawyer, Bownes is a Ward 2 city council member.
“They claim that I assaulted an officer, but I have not seen a criminal complaint yet, so I don’t know what I’m dealing with here,” he said.
Bownes said it was the chief’s son, Cpl. Jason Fiske, who was involved in the incident that led to the arrest.
“My lawyer has requested discovery in the case, and he has advised me that it wouldn’t be a wise thing for me to comment on this at this point. I don’t even know what the complaint is going to say.”
According to court officials, Bownes was released on $2,000 personal recognizance bail and scheduled for arraignment on June 9, in Concord District Court.
From 1982 to 1986, he was a public defender in Laconia.
He opened his law office in Laconia in 1986, specializing in criminal law, workers’ compensation law, civil and personal injury cases, and administrative law.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bath man, 73, charged with sexual assault of child - 0
- Two Derry residents charged with burglarizing home - 0
- 4 charged with digging up corpse of NH businessman - 0
- Former Manchester restaurateur convicted of sexual assault - 0
- Check scheme leads to arrests in Nashua - 0
- Nashua police warn of phone scam involving IRS claims - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Three arrested on drug charges after police search apartment - 3
- Seabrook fires two officers for Bergeron brutality - 7
- Former Claremont PTO member arrested for theft - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Jayne Millerick: Dems scaring women by misleading them on contraception - 0
- Basket case: Saga of a supermarket - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Ongoing renovations in Foxborough - 0
- Three years later, investigation continues into homicide of Celina Cass - 0
- Nashua celebration in the works for Medal of Honor recipient - 0
- Fisher Cats down Senators in road trip opener - 0
- No water for Manchester sewer bill scofflaws? - 0
- New Boston mulch processing plant plans under review - 0
- Cheshire Historical Society receives nearly $1 million - 0
Market Basket walkout a future case study
UPDATED: Thousands of Market Basket employees rally; company board issues statement on purchase offer, reaffirms support for new CEOs
Basket case: Saga of a supermarket
Mother says Abigail in 'deteriorated' health
- Total Votes: 917