Derry councilors OK using special snow fund
The council voted 7-0 to approve a supplemental appropriation to use all of the winter/snow capital reserve fund. It marked the first time the fund has been used since it was established about 10 years ago, Public Works Director Michael Fowler said.
“I just want to put out there that this $106,000 doesn’t satisfy all of the overage, but we do feel confident that we can make up the difference in our budget,” Fowler said.
He added that approval of the appropriation will not have any tax impact, as the funds are in capital reserve.
“We feel that this represents an average winter; this year certainly wasn’t an average winter,” Fowler said of the budget that had been set aside for fiscal year 2014.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Lebanon officials work to minimize downtown impact from closed tunnel, lot - 0
- Milford sets sights on federal grant for 127 Elm St. property - 0
- Derry completes 2014 property assessments - 0
- Ex-Derry administrator sentenced, plans appeal - 0
- Aldermen approve new Nashua police contract - 2
- Litchfield school chief out on 3-2 vote - 0
- Hudson pulls down signs clogging public spaces - 0
- Crews making progress on Rockingham Road project in Dover - 0
- Desrochers says he will fight to preserve Franklin’s tax cap - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pair accused in Hampstead home invasion also face witness tampering charges - 0
- Gunman hits Circle K convenience store in Durham - 0
- Suicide car bomber kills 3 foreign troops in Afghan capital; Taliban claims responsibility - 0
- City officials to review proposed 'spice' ban - 0
- Widow of chiropractor killed this summer says fatal shooting was no accident - 0
- Manchester's Delana Curtis is left out in the cold - 0
- Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable - 5
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Brady a realist - 0
- Burning rubber: And public dollars - 0
DWI license revocations
Mexican man pleads guilty in international conspiracy to traffic hundreds of pounds of cocaine
Strategery: A war by any other name
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Freeh dumb: Favoritism in Vt.?
Lawyer wants cellphone evidence thrown out
Deroy Murdock: Stuff the Obama lunch tax