Derry councilors OK using special snow fund
The council voted 7-0 to approve a supplemental appropriation to use all of the winter/snow capital reserve fund. It marked the first time the fund has been used since it was established about 10 years ago, Public Works Director Michael Fowler said.
“I just want to put out there that this $106,000 doesn’t satisfy all of the overage, but we do feel confident that we can make up the difference in our budget,” Fowler said.
He added that approval of the appropriation will not have any tax impact, as the funds are in capital reserve.
“We feel that this represents an average winter; this year certainly wasn’t an average winter,” Fowler said of the budget that had been set aside for fiscal year 2014.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Jon Cavaiani dies at 70; desperate stand in '71 led to Medal of Honor - 0
- Meriam Ibrahim, family welcomed as long journey ends in Manchester - 2
- Moose International files suit to claim Claremont lodge - 0
- NH man's wife flies to Rome, meets Pope Francis after giving birth on death row in Sudan - 2
- Manchester postpones Fourth of July celebration - 0
- Reports say Sudanese Christian woman released; Manchester relative hopeful - 0
- 'Cadillac' health tax costs draw big worry - 13
- Wastewater lagoon blamed for Exit 4 odor - 0
- Author and poet Maya Angelou dies at 86 - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- NH Fisher Cats slam way to win over Trenton - 0
- Officials hire principal for Golden Brook school - 0
- Seniors help students start year on the right foot, with the write stuff - 0
- Derry councilors select semi-finalists for town admin job - 0
- Plaistow begins search for new police chief - 0
- Without an exemption, Goffstown resident must pay high taxes on solar energy panels - 1
- Upcoming selectmen's meeting stirring controversy among Bow's firefighters - 1
- Manchester police to hold ‘Coffee with a Cop’ event - 0
- Manchester police officer finds gun in cyclist’s backpack - 2
Derry to NH: Take Exit 4A
Editorial: Garcia gains Lambert lies
ISIS beheads NH journalist