Derry councilors OK using special snow fund
The council voted 7-0 to approve a supplemental appropriation to use all of the winter/snow capital reserve fund. It marked the first time the fund has been used since it was established about 10 years ago, Public Works Director Michael Fowler said.
“I just want to put out there that this $106,000 doesn’t satisfy all of the overage, but we do feel confident that we can make up the difference in our budget,” Fowler said.
He added that approval of the appropriation will not have any tax impact, as the funds are in capital reserve.
“We feel that this represents an average winter; this year certainly wasn’t an average winter,” Fowler said of the budget that had been set aside for fiscal year 2014.
READER COMMENTS: 6
- Kuster's abortion lies: Claims against Garcia are untrue - 28
- The Obamaconomy: Shea-Porter shows its flaw - 29
- Smith schools Hassan: Leadership in Londonderry - 0
- Where officers live: Manchester is missing the point - 4
- Leo Bernier: For Hillsborough County Commission - 0
- Insurance exchanges Sam's Club or Obama's club? - 11
- Garcia and Guinta: For a change, send them to DC - 22
- Jeanne's travel ban: She doesn't want Obama here - 14
- Making it up: Shameless state Senate attacks - 9
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pedestrian struck in Keene - 0
- NHIAA Cross Country: Moskowitz, Kimball primed for Meet of Champions battle - 0
- Salem coach Rich has seen playoff runs from both sidelines - 0
- Monarchs' Schultz leads by example - 0
- Manchester Marathon day to draw about 1,700 runners - 0
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Londonderry vs. Salem is a playoff contest - 0
- Another View - Jeanne Shaheen: What it means to put New Hampshire first - 3
- Another View -- Scott Brown: To change direction, we need to change senators - 6
- Patricia LaFrance: For Hillsborough County Attorney - 1
Manchester pub crawl leads to arrest of four