Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Jul 24, 2014
Jul 16, 2014
Newmarket man pleads guilty to sexual assault
The girl told Newmarket police that she met Ferland first at a local bus stop after communicating with him through Pinger, a text messaging service used on computers, the affidavit said.At the time, Ferland was free on bail awaiting trial on charges for distributing and manufacturing child sexual abuse images.
He pleaded guilty in January to four counts of distribution of child sexual abuse images.
The sentence for the sexual assault conviction began Thursday.
It will largely run concurrent to his earlier prison term, but adds some time to his overall period behind bars, according to Assistant County Attorney Karen Springer. Ferland also received a suspended 3½- to 7-year prison term on one of the felony sexual assault convictions that could be brought forward up to five years after his release on parole, according to prosecutors. Had a jury convicted Ferland at trial, he could have faced up to 3½ to 7 years in prison on each of the felonious sexual assault charges.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fugitive in Manchester shooting, stabbing cases caught by Marshals, police - 0
- Hampton Falls standoff suspect linked to burglaries, fake-cop ploy - 0
- Woman charged in fatal Hampton crash wants blood-test thrown out of court - 0
- Home confinement rejected for ex-Derry town employee - 0
- Manchester man arrested for aggravated drunk driving - 0
- Manchester Crime Watch: Fugitive in shooting, stabbing cases brought to court - 0
- Homeless man faces DWI charges in Dover - 0
- Amherst couple charged in sale of lost wedding ring - 0
- Donation jar thief said to be Bay State man - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Motor Speedway to again host two Sprint Cup Series weekends in 2015 - 0
- St. Anselm football players practice ini August heat - 0
- White, Glenn lift Fisher Cats over Harrisburg, 6-4 - 0
- KSC field hockey first in coaches poll - 0
- New England Patriots guard Mankins traded to Tampa for TE Wright - 0
- NH Fisher Cat Lee still striving for making it to the major leagues - 0
- Former city restaurateur gets jail sentence for sex assault - 0
- New Manchester school district standards to give teachers more leeway - 0
- Conway adult tests positive for EEE - 0
Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner
Market Basket: 'So close, yet so far'
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate
- Total Votes: 917