Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Newmarket man pleads guilty to sexual assault
The girl told Newmarket police that she met Ferland first at a local bus stop after communicating with him through Pinger, a text messaging service used on computers, the affidavit said.At the time, Ferland was free on bail awaiting trial on charges for distributing and manufacturing child sexual abuse images.
He pleaded guilty in January to four counts of distribution of child sexual abuse images.
The sentence for the sexual assault conviction began Thursday.
It will largely run concurrent to his earlier prison term, but adds some time to his overall period behind bars, according to Assistant County Attorney Karen Springer. Ferland also received a suspended 3½- to 7-year prison term on one of the felony sexual assault convictions that could be brought forward up to five years after his release on parole, according to prosecutors. Had a jury convicted Ferland at trial, he could have faced up to 3½ to 7 years in prison on each of the felonious sexual assault charges.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Feds step up protection against sexual violence - 0
- 2 more arrested over alleged drug dealer robbery in Exeter - 0
- State seeks to address handling of campus assaults - 0
- Update: Londonderry search of shooting victim's home has concluded - 0
- N.Y. man sentenced in sex assault of NH child in 1988 - 0
- Hearing ordered in 1971 murder - 0
- Police investigating bank robbery in Nashua - 0
- Nashua police left rattled by tot's death - 1
- Police investigate shooting of Londonderry woman in Maine home invasion - 0
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Update: Ossipee woman killed in late-night Moultonborough crash - 1
- State House Dome: Just past Concord session a mixed bag - 0
- Monarchs squeak by Bruins - 0
- Memorial hockey shuts out Trinity - 0
- Dover's Parratto a national champion - 0
- UNH defense comes up big against Redbirds - 0
- St. Anselm men knock off Post - 0
- Leadership, defense made Katie Bishop, of Conway, an All-American - 0
- Jet menace faltered under Rex - 0
A new era for Nashua's police force
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama
UNH loses to Illinois State
Nashua police left rattled by tot's death
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483