New program at Londonderry church aims to help those in recovery
Held one Sunday evening each month, Stepping Stones to a Higher Power is described by program officials as a nondenominational worship service for those that might otherwise by intimidated by walking into a church.
Prybylski, who sings and plays the violin, said the idea for Stepping Stones resonated with many church members, since quite a few of them have participated in Alcoholics Anonymous and other recovery programs.
“We commonly encounter people that might be intimidated by church in general,” said Prybylski. “The goal here is to walk alongside some of these folks as we go on our journey together.”
Monthly services will generally be held on the third Sunday of each month.
Church Pastor Sara Singleton said a main goal is to “honor all persons, regardless of background, beliefs, experiences, hurts or habits.”
Plans for the monthly services began early this year, according to Singleton, with much discussion on making the church a welcoming and friendly atmosphere for congregants that aren’t typically in attendance Sunday mornings.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- City Matters: Little sleep for Vietnam vet - 3
- City Matters: Market Basket workers' outlook challenges the skeptics among us - 10
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: 'Taps' is soundtrack of summer ceremony - 0
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Manchester's bike culture shifts into high gear - 0
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Central buddies play on - 1
- DIY addition draws city's, neighbors' ire - 6
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Negroni family lays claim to namesake cocktail - 0
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: West Side neighborhood loses trees and backyard privacy for the summer - 1
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Southside Middle School, where nary a gripe will be heard - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- On Baseball: Fisher Cats manager Meacham learned a few things, too - 0
- First and 10: Old No. 1 begins as new No. 1 - 0
- NHIAA Girls' Soccer Preview: All eyes on Bedford, Exeter - 0
- Another View -- Dan McGuire: We Free Staters are not some threat to be feared - 0
- Taxpayer rights: Left, right should restore them - 0
- Hooksett highs: A good multiple choice test - 0
- No paper Monday - 0
- Patriots' Garoppolo solid, but Giants eke out 16-13 win in preseason finale - 0
- Education business tax credit program upheld - 0
Enter to win tickets to see Paula Poundstone
Win tickets to see Steven Wright
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you