NH's 'Idol' returns home for a day
'American Idol' finalist Alex Preston will have a whirlwind tour of his hometown, high school, and college campus on Saturday.
Preston, whose real name is Alex Preston Philbrick, will start the day at the Mont Vernon Town Hall at 1:30 p.m.
The Mont Vernon event will last until about 2 p.m. Gov. Maggie Hassan is expected to make an appearance at the event, where Preston will sing two songs, according to amhersttoday.com.
Route 13 will be closed for a time during the event.
After Mont Vernon, Preston will head to his alma mater, Souhegan High School in Amherst.
"American Idol" is hoping to get video of people lined up on on Boston Post Road leading to Souhegan High School, welcoming Preston, according to amhersttoday.com.
The Souhegan visit is supposed to go from 2:30-3:30 p.m. Preston is again expected to perform 4-5 songs at the school.
Next, Preston will visit the University of New Hampshire, where he is a member of the Class of 2015, though he took time off to pursue "American Idol."
A parade and concert, both free and open to the public, will be held at UNH. UNH's website said, "The parade is expected to begin at approximately 4:30 p.m. at the Oyster River Middle School. It will go down Garrison Avenue, right onto Main Street, and end at the Whittemore Center. Main Street will be closed between Garrison and Edgewood Road."
The concert in the Whittemore Center is scheduled to begin at 7 p.m.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.