Black bear no match for 2 English bulldogs in Bow
On May 1, she was next door telling a neighbor that it was time to take down the bird feeders when she saw that Brutus was back.
Lola and Comma, her bulldogs, crashed through the farmer's porch that overlooks the back yard. The pair, who together weigh about 90 pounds, confronted the bear, who rose to full height on his hind legs.
While the actual bear incident was happening, she said, "It wasn't fun. It was really upsetting."
She thinks it's a reflection of how much people love dogs and wildlife: "It's nature voyeurism."
Plus, the story had a happy ending. "I want people to understand that my blessing is that the bear exercised some compassion and walked away," she said.
But she said, "These dogs don't move. They walk to the mailbox and they're done."
- Shawne K. Wickham
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man who shot Huskies was worried he would be target of animal rights groups - 20
- Police say three Huskies missing in Merrimack were mistaken as wolves and shot, killed - 75
- Three missing Siberian Huskies found dead - 5
- 3 communities may share animal officer - 0
- Merrimack dog owner desperate to find three missing Huskies - 1
- Dock-diving dogs woof it up at Humane Society fundraiser - 0
- Walk for Whiskers to raise money to support shelter - 0
- Falcon recovering from first-of-its-kind cataract surgery - 1
- Monadnock Humane Society board to address executive director's dismissal - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UNH Notebook: Ground game is Stony Brook's rock - 0
- The debut of the 'The $30,000 Nutt' - 0
- How stable is this telephone pole? - 0
- Drew Cline: Two weeks before the election, no one is talking about guns - 1
- Fixing Obamacare: Shaheen offers no way out - 2
- Debate rule No. 1: Don't crash - 0
- Obamacare takes center stage at 1st Congressional debate - 2
- NHIAA Field Hockey Roundup: Londonderry edges Central - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Brummett spurs Derryfield - 0
Keene riots a focus of gubernatorial debate
Fall hikers throughout NH put on notice
NH's back-road rest areas fading away
Fixing Obamacare: Shaheen offers no way out
UPDATED: Flood warning issued for southern NH; leaks force visitation to be cancelled at Goffstown women's prison
Jonee Earthquake band shakes Shaskeen