Service focus of Rivier graduation ceremony
Rivier University in Nashua celebrates its 80th anniversary and the graduation of the Class of 2014 Saturday at the Tsongas Center in Lowell, Mass. (Barbara Taormina/Union Leader Correspondent)
"Rivier has taught us about dedication to service," said Magnolia Dixon, a history major who graduated magna cum laude. "We have the responsibility to share the privilege of education."
Carol Ann Becker, a graduate of Rivier's master's degree program in health care administration, also spoke about moving forward and putting lessons of leadership and service to work. She acknowledged it might not always be easy, but added she and her fellow graduates need to always be willing to try.
In addition to the Class of 2014, Rivier also awarded an honorary degree to Sister Cecile Gamache, PM, whose financial expertise and decades of service to the university have helped build a foundation for the institution's future development and success.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Executive Council approves railroad contract for Milford - 0
- Executive Council to consider raising dollar threshold for contracts - 0
- GOP to Hassan: What taxes would you raise? - 0
- NH Republicans push for 2014 fiscal budget figures - 0
- State Sen. David Boutin apologizes for lapse in judgment - 17
- New victim protections passed by Legislature celebrated - 0
- Gov. Hassan asks agency heads for conservative budgets - 2
- Hassan runs first ad as GOP claims more irregularities - 0
- Interim IT, NH tourism heads approved - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man stabbed in leg in Manchester incident - 0
- Senate sustains Hassan veto of bill to revamp juvenile justice system - 0
- Possible negotiated plea for Nashua dad accused of negligent homicide in son's death - 0
- Amherst man facing charges in August Merrimack accident - 0
- Dan Tuohy's Granite Status: Brown calls on Shaheen to back bill targeting ISIS - 4
- Traffic backed up a mile in Hampton tractor-trailer accident - 0
- Woman shot during Manchester drug raid is identified - 0
- Citizen's Police Academy in Manchester set for Oct. 1 - 0
- NHIAA Football Power Poll; Who's No. 1 this week? - 0
In 2nd District race, Garcia bucks Obamacare
Attorney claims illegal phone seizure following Christmas Eve accident that killed Brookline mom
Find the hidden cash stashed downtown
Strategery: A war by any other name
Freeh dumb: Favoritism in Vt.?
Lawyer wants cellphone evidence thrown out
Mexican man pleads guilty in international conspiracy to traffic hundreds of pounds of cocaine
Your Turn, NH -- Ted Menswar Jr.: How Manchester pulled together to honor one of its greats