KSC president to graduates: 'Go forth and serve'
Keene State College President Anne Huot bestows the Granite State Award to John G. "Jack" Dugan, president of the Monadnock Economic Development Corporation. (Meghan Pierce/Union Leader Correspondent)
Huot also asked graduates to remember recently deceased members of the college family.
Longtime Keene State groundskeeper Nate DeMond of Fitzwilliam died last month of electrocution from a power line down on a property adjacent to the Keene State College Athletic Complex on Krif Road. And Sean Thomas, a safety and occupational health major and management minor, died this week.
Just under 1,000 students received undergraduate degrees during the ceremony Saturday afternoon. Another 37 received graduate degrees.
An honorary doctor of science degree was presented to Dr. Howard W. Smith, who graduated from Keene State in 1942, for his contributions to medicine and to medical education, as well as his commitment to service to others.
"We need other people, and they need us," he said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- New NHIA president painting a picture of expansion - 0
- Sources say former White House Chief of Staff Andy Card to be tapped as Franklin Pierce president - 1
- Students prepare to set sail at Tri-City Christian Academy - 0
- Local teacher makes trip to arctic - 0
- Teacher 'thrilled' at being reinstated - 7
- Scholar of the Month: Plymouth junior operates on 'full-sprint theory' - 0
- Software upgrade delays grades - 0
- Derry School Board to hold forum on Facility Needs Study - 0
- Londonderry High forms team to get help for teens struggling with depression - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Monarchs Scouting Report: Nick Shore - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: It took a while, but now they're on Wright track - 0
- Newmarket blacksmith has forged a career shaping the elementsof steel - 0
- Kathy Sullivan: We need to rethink some of our county government positions - 3
- Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass. - 3
- H.S. Football Power Poll: No doubt - Astros finish on top - 0
- College Hockey: Wildcats home to RPI on Tuesday night - 0
- Manchester school board OK's contract for driver’s ed program - 0
- Unrest erupts after grand jury decides against charges in Ferguson, Mo., shooting - 7
Sources say former White House Chief of Staff Andy Card to be tapped as Franklin Pierce president
Clinton has 'historic' lead in poll
Tough task for NH budget writers
Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass.
Teacher 'thrilled' at being reinstated
Paul, Christie share lead in primary poll