Home » News » Public Safety
Unknown issue causes power outage in Rochester area Sunday
The outage occurred around 4:40 p.m. and as of 7:45 p.m., 1,304 of the 4,275 – or 31 percent - PSNH customers in Barrington, 2,595 of the 16,059 – or 16 percent – of businesses and residents in Rochester and 138 of the 2,065 – or 7 percent – of customers in Strafford were still without power, according to www.psnh.com.
PSNH crews, who are working to restore power, estimate all customers should regain service by 9 p.m., according to Elizabeth LaRocca, PSNH spokeswoman.
"Our crews have not determined the cause of this," LaRocca said, adding PSNH crews are searching the area to find and rectify the issue.
For more information or to report an electrical emergency, contact PSNH by calling 1-800-662-7764.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Alderman, chief have heated exchange over police residency requirements - 5
- Winter heating season means homeowners need to be alert - 0
- Teen driver hospitalized following accident in Rindge - 0
- Neighbor won't be charged in shooting death of Rumney chiropractor - 12
- Despite contract provisions, most Manchester police officers live outside city - 23
- Londonderry response team celebrates 10th anniversary - 0
- Police say to expect more arrests in wake of Keene chaos - 6
- Keene police working to identify rioters, notify other colleges of students' participation - 8
- Bedford woman injured when tree falls on her - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- John H. Sununu: Voters, pick a governor who is serious about the Pledge - 1
- Team Obama: Faking right, voting left - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: This government 'investment' is a bad idea - 0
- Preventing riots: What should Keene do? - 0
- Manchester mayor asks aldermen to hold abandonded property owners accountable - 0
- Residents given Londonderry playing field priority - 0
- NH has 1,300 guardrail ends targeted in federal safety suit - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Meat cleaver has key role in threats, assault case - 0
- Mass. man charged with robbing Tobacco Junction store in Pelham - 0
Locked in a dead heat, Shaheen, Brown spar
NH's back-road rest areas fading away
Fall hikers throughout NH put on notice
Team Obama: Faking right, voting left
Preventing riots: What should Keene do?
Keene riots a focus of gubernatorial debate