Home » News » Public Safety
Unknown issue causes power outage in Rochester area Sunday
The outage occurred around 4:40 p.m. and as of 7:45 p.m., 1,304 of the 4,275 – or 31 percent - PSNH customers in Barrington, 2,595 of the 16,059 – or 16 percent – of businesses and residents in Rochester and 138 of the 2,065 – or 7 percent – of customers in Strafford were still without power, according to www.psnh.com.
PSNH crews, who are working to restore power, estimate all customers should regain service by 9 p.m., according to Elizabeth LaRocca, PSNH spokeswoman.
"Our crews have not determined the cause of this," LaRocca said, adding PSNH crews are searching the area to find and rectify the issue.
For more information or to report an electrical emergency, contact PSNH by calling 1-800-662-7764.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Dozens displaced by Manchester apartment building fire - 3
- Ossipee woman killed in late-night Moultonborough crash - 1
- Danville couple struggling to get back on feet after explosion - 2
- Farmington school evacuated for bomb threat; police say kids are safe - 0
- Claremont elementary school to get safer sidewalks - 0
- Fire leaves Derry family of four homeless - 0
- Homeless man rescues woman who jumped from Granite Street Bridge - 2
- Propane driver saved from waist-deep mud - 0
- Update: Men target practicing face felonies after report of shots fired in Hooksett - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onfrio's Patriots Notebook: Finding a way to win - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: NoNose gets readers talking like nobody's business - 0
- Know the Law: Your trust can be named beneficiary of an IRA - 0
- Another View -- Bill O'Brien: Ask your state rep. to vote for transparency in the House - 0
- Old friends and a 'homeless angel' make for good stories anytime - 0
- Clooney gets it: Sony attack was not a 'crime' - 0
- New coats warm city kids, firefighters' hearts - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Martin, Pinkerton top Salem in tournament - 0
- Inmate reported missing from Concord transitional unit - 0
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama