Home » News » Public Safety
Unknown issue causes power outage in Rochester area Sunday
The outage occurred around 4:40 p.m. and as of 7:45 p.m., 1,304 of the 4,275 – or 31 percent - PSNH customers in Barrington, 2,595 of the 16,059 – or 16 percent – of businesses and residents in Rochester and 138 of the 2,065 – or 7 percent – of customers in Strafford were still without power, according to www.psnh.com.
PSNH crews, who are working to restore power, estimate all customers should regain service by 9 p.m., according to Elizabeth LaRocca, PSNH spokeswoman.
"Our crews have not determined the cause of this," LaRocca said, adding PSNH crews are searching the area to find and rectify the issue.
For more information or to report an electrical emergency, contact PSNH by calling 1-800-662-7764.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Powerboat hits canoe on Winnipesaukee - 2
- Police search for driver in Hollis hit-and-run - 1
- Canoe, powerboat collide on Lake Winnipesaukee - 0
- Brothers escape being hit by circling boat - 1
- Cornish truck driver charged in fatal Merrimack crash - 2
- Truck flips on I-93 at Exit 4 on-ramp in Londonderry - 0
- Salem family ldisplaced by house fire - 0
- Mother says Abigail in 'deteriorated' health - 17
- Investigators release sketch of man who may have driven Abigail away - 15
READER COMMENTS: 0
- E-cigarettes find a market in NH - 0
- Real estate transfer tax proposal pulled off table - 0
- Protesting information: Picket sign o' the times - 0
- Another View -- Mike Biundo: Where is Shaheen's gas price outrage now? - 2
- Seabrook's message: No one above the law here - 1
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: A humbling — and inspiring — event - 0
- Developer says proposed LNG plant in Groveton 'on hold' - 2
- Motivation Matters: 'Giving 110 percent' says more than you think - 0
- Know the Law: Do I need a prenup? - 0
Win tickets to see Cher's D2K Tour
E-cigarettes find a market in NH
Protesting workers nix Market Basket amnesty
Faith and freedom; a near-martyr comes to NH