Home » News » Public Safety
Unknown issue causes power outage in Rochester area Sunday
The outage occurred around 4:40 p.m. and as of 7:45 p.m., 1,304 of the 4,275 – or 31 percent - PSNH customers in Barrington, 2,595 of the 16,059 – or 16 percent – of businesses and residents in Rochester and 138 of the 2,065 – or 7 percent – of customers in Strafford were still without power, according to www.psnh.com.
PSNH crews, who are working to restore power, estimate all customers should regain service by 9 p.m., according to Elizabeth LaRocca, PSNH spokeswoman.
"Our crews have not determined the cause of this," LaRocca said, adding PSNH crews are searching the area to find and rectify the issue.
For more information or to report an electrical emergency, contact PSNH by calling 1-800-662-7764.
READER COMMENTS: 4
- Weare Deputy Chief Sean Kelly set to manage Weare Police Department - 0
- Lizard in food sends 300 schoolchildren to hospital - 0
- Body found under Manchester bridge identified as local woman - 0
- Communications giant chips in for generator for Derry FD - 0
- Londonderry family fair returns but child safety is still the theme - 0
- Girl, grandmother escape fire in Rochester home with no detectors - 0
- Motorcyclist in serious condition after crash in Rochester - 0
- Manchester police officers to be honored for work in unresolved West Side stabbing death - 5
- Authorities say smoking ignited oxygen in Derry apartment building fire - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vailas rallies UNH football to 29-26 win over Richmond - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Raiders should be tucked away early - 0
- St. Anselm football wins home opener, goes to 3-0 - 0
- SNHU golfer Nutter earns weekly honor - 0
- Dover's Helliwell wins ACT Invitational - 0
- Concord, Pinkerton, Coe-Brown runners win - 0
- Nashua South gets on track by beating Merrimack - 0
- Pinkerton stuffs Salem late, holds on - 0
- Dartmouth football wins opener over Central Conn., 35-25 - 0
Goodell vows domestic violence change