Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Jul 24, 2014
Keene shop reopens after DEA raid
Phat Stuff owner Panos Eliopoulos was working in his glass blowing studio in the store Saturday making glass pipes to replenish his stock taken in a DEA raid Wednesday. (Meghan Pierce Photo)
Phat Stuff at 84 Main St. was included in a Drug Enforcement Administration nationwide synthetic drug raid Wednesday.
Wednesday DEA spokesman Rusty Payne said the agency was targeting every level of the designer synthetic drug market in the U.S., from wholesalers, retailers to manufacturers. Phat Stuff was one of more than 200 locations in 29 states searched by the DEA Wednesday.
Store employee Evan Prokowich said Saturday he is not aware of any arrests and said Eliopoulos and employees on legal advice are not commenting on the matter right now.
On Wednesday Prokowich said the store had done nothing wrong, but had been presented with a document by the DEA that said products such as bongs and water pipes and any other devices uses to inhale or ingest illegal drugs would be seized. Prokowich said all of those devices are for tobacco use only.
During the DEA raid on Wednesday members of Free Keene videotaped the DEA agents filling the U-Haul truck and criticized agents for taking away the store owner’s livelihood.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say North Hampton man distributed child sex abuse images - 0
- Sexual assault charge in Keene - 0
- Keene man charged with threatening Nelson teen with gun - 0
- More details released about Nashua drive-by shooting - 0
- Portsmouth man charged with two felony drug counts - 0
- Affidavits show woman was shot as feds conducted downtown Manchester drug raid - 0
- Newton man charged with kidnapping, sexual assault of 15-year-old Mass. girl - 1
- Two felony charges for alleged Portsmouth drug dealer - 0
- Nashua man arrested in violent purse snatching - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- On Baseball: Fisher Cats manager Meacham learned a few things, too - 0
- First and 10: Old No. 1 begins as new No. 1 - 0
- NHIAA Girls' Soccer Preview: All eyes on Bedford, Exeter - 0
- Another View -- Dan McGuire: We Free Staters are not some threat to be feared - 0
- Taxpayer rights: Left, right should restore them - 0
- Hooksett highs: A good multiple choice test - 0
- No paper Monday - 0
- Patriots' Garoppolo solid, but Giants eke out 16-13 win in preseason finale - 0
- Education business tax credit program upheld - 0
Enter to win tickets to see Paula Poundstone
Win tickets to see Steven Wright
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Weekly brother gave police wrong name
- Total Votes: 917