Another busy summer seen for I-93 construction
This week will see some nighttime lane closures on the northbound side of I-93 near exit 2, according to Levine. Tonight and Tuesday night, construction will require that traffic on I-93 northbound be reduced to one lane. Levine said the work will take place during non-commuter hours, from about 9 p.m. to 6 a.m.
George R. Cairns and Sons of Windham is the general contractor for the $41 million portion of the I-93 widening project near exit 2.
During the summer, Levine said crews will also clean up and finish some work near Exit 5 in Londonderry.
“The continued construction projects do, at times, present inherent dangers which include smaller lanes of travel, dust, lane shifts, distractions of the construction equipment (and) a driver looking at what is being done instead of driving with due care in these construction zones,” Sgt. Paul Hunt of the New Hampshire State Police said.
Drivers should also allow extra time for their trips because of possible congestion in the work zones, he said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Derry councilors select semi-finalists for town admin job - 0
- Manchester mayor seeks to restrict use of park - 11
- Rockingham County attorney candidates talk leadership at forum - 3
- Salem town manager dispute still not settled - 0
- At meeting, no resistance to tax cap amendment proposal - 1
- SNHU and NHIA say they’ll delay merger - 2
- Derry council’s town administrator applicant deadline passes - 0
- Rockingham County Attorney race forum set - 0
- Tree talk divides Nashua officials - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Three teens sent to area hospitals after crash on Blackwater Road at Rochester-Dover border - 0
- Neighborhood group presents award to Manchester police - 0
- Good Samaritans track down man accused of stealing purse - 0
- Concord man charged in downtown stabbing - 0
- GPS leads police to truck; vehicle breaks lead to arrest - 1
- Traffic signal stop leads to drug arrest in Merrimack - 0
- Brian’s Ride Home benefits Afghanistan veteran - 0
- Red Sox held to one hit as Angels coast to win - 0
- Market Basket: Analysts point to debt - 0
Market Basket: Analysts point to debt